Do you know what United Kingdom Police Virus is?
United Kingdom Police Virus is a ransomware infection. It locks down your computer and displays a fraudulent security message that claims you have been involved in a criminal activity. Due to the supposed criminal activity your computer has been locked and thus you need to pay a ransom fee. These claims are obviously false, as United Kingdom Police Virus has nothing to do with the law enforcement offices of the United Kingdom. This ransomware program simply aims for your money.
The reason why United Kingdom Police Virus is in your system is Urausy Trojan. This Trojan is responsible for distributing United Kingdom Police Virus and a many other infections from the Ukash Virus group. You can get infected with it, when you browser corrupted websites, or when you click on fake web browser update links. Such tactics is utilized by Firefox need to update immediately Virus that is a fake alert used to infect users with ransomware.
United Kingdom Police Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Once inside of your system, United Kingdom Police Virus locks you out of your desktop, and does not allow you to access it no matter what you do. Your screen is blocked by a fake security notification that says:
ATTENTION! Your PC is blocked due to at least one of the reasons specified below.
You have been violating "Copyright and Related Rights Law" (Video, Music, Software) and illegally using or distributing copyright content, thus infringing Article 128 of the Criminal Code of Great Britain.
Fines may only be paid within 72 hours after the infringement. As soon as 72 hours elapse, the possibility to pay the fine expires, and a criminal case is initiated against you automatically within the next 72 hours!
The amount of fine is £100. You can pay a fine Ukash or PaySafeCard.
As you can see, United Kingdom Police Virus makes use of alternative payment systems (Ukash and PaySafeCard) to collect the ransom fee. These systems are absolutely legal and they have nothing in common with the people behind United Kingdom Police Virus. Also, even if you do pay the £100 fine, your computer will not be unlocked. The malware will only steal your money and you will be left with a defunct computer.
Since this infection has no way of initiating a criminal case against you, you have to remove United Kingdom Police Virus as soon as possible. Follow the instructions below to bypass the screen-lock:
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Restart the computer and tap F8 key repeatedly once BIOS screen loads.
- User arrow keys to navigate and select Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Install the program and launch a full system scan.
- Restart the computer and press F8 key continuously.
- When Advanced Boot Options menu appears, select Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- Click Yes when a confirmation box appears.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Click Start Menu button and click Run.
- Enter "msconfig" and click OK.
- Select Startup tab on System Configuration Utility.
- Click Disable All and save changes by clicking OK.
- Restart your computer in Normal Mode.
- Install SpyHunter and run a full system scan.
In non-techie terms:
United Kingdom Police Virus is a computer infection that intends to steal your money. You have to remove United Kingdom Police Virus at once if you want to continue using your computer as before.
Aliases: Police Virus.