Do you know what TV Genie is?
It is stated that TV Genie is a free application which may help you view online videos, TV and movie clips much more comfortably. As soon as you install it onto one of the browsers, it is dropped on all of the rest existing ones as well. Once you visit a site with a video on it, you should notice the purple Lights Off! button underneath. If you click this button, the content around the video is hidden as the background turns black. This is meant to help you watch videos without any distractions, and the main distraction is the online advertisements which will be presented to you by Western Web Applications and third-party affiliates. We do not recommend that you click on these ads because certain third parties could have malicious intentions regarding your virtual security.
TV Genie screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you are not comfortable with the browser plugin and services related to it, you should remove it without further delay. You can delete TV Genie using manual removal instructions presented below. Are you worried about the process? If you follow the steps carefully, you should succeed within seconds; however, you are welcome to post a comment below with any concerns and questions.
How to delete TV Genie?
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen.
- Select All apps, open Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and right-click the application you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Now select the unwanted application and click Remove.
In non-techie terms:
TV Genie is a browser plugin which is meant to help you watch online videos more enjoyably. It has been discovered that once you install the program, your browsers become flooded with advertisements. If you do not wish to see them, please remove the plugin from your browsers. If you wish to continue using the tool, do not forget to update security software or install authentic and reliable spyware detection and removal software.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats