Do you know what Tuvaro Toolbar is?
If the home page and the search engine of your Internet browsers have been switched to truvaro.com, you must have installed Tuvaro Toolbar. The add-on is compatible with the most popular browsers – Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and its main task is to provide you with easy access links to Bookmarked websites and allow you to perform web searches. The developer of this add-on is Montera Technologeis Ltd and you may recognize this name if you have Funmoods Toolbar, Softonic Toolbar and other browser extensions installed on your browsers. As mentioned before, the application can reconfigure your browser settings, which is why it sometimes is considered malicious. Please continue reading to learn more about the add-on and the removal of Tuvaro Toolbar.
If you provide content to Tuvaro for public view, we may distribute that content to a wider audience by sharing it (or portions of it) with third parties so that they can publish it on their websites and other media platforms.
Sample Tuvaro Toolbar screenshot
Click here for full removal instructions
As you may understand already, the application can collect information regarding your browsing sessions. This is not dangerous until third-party members are included. In reality, it is unclear what information can be recorded and who can access it. Needless to say, it would be extremely dangerous to have private data leaked to cyber crooks who then could use it in malignant schemes. Have you noticed any strange pop-ups redirecting you to suspicious websites? You should not click on them because this is a security gap which could be used to infiltrate malware.
Malignant software removal is an extremely complicated task which is why we recommend having Tuvaro Toolbar delete before any damage is caused. Note that Tuvaro is not considered malicious; however, it is wise to stay cautious about third parties and their activity.
How to remove Tuvaro Toolbar manually?
Delete from the PC:
- Open the Start menu -> select Control Panel -> double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the unwanted add-on and select Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Click on the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to remove and click Uninstall.
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen and select All apps.
- Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program -> right-click the app you wish to delete and click Uninstall.
Delete from the browsers:
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox, confirm the choice and then hit Finish.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F, click Tools and select Extensions.
- Find the extension you wish to delete, click the recycle bin and select Remove.
- Select Settings (menu on the left), go to On Startup, mark Open a specific page and click Set pages.
- Overwrite or even delete tuvaro.com and click OK.
- Go to Appearance, select Show Home button, click Change, delete the unwanted URL and click OK.
- Navigate to Search, click Manage search engines and click X placed on the right of tuvaro.com to remove the option. Click OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T, select Manage Add-ons and click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click the unwanted add-on and select Disable.
- Select Search Providers, click on the unwanted option, click Remove and then Close.
- Tap Alt+T and select Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, overwrite/delete the provided URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Tuvaro Toolbar is a browser extension which you should handle with precaution. If you do not want private data leaked to malignant third parties, we recommend having the toolbar removed. Use the manual removal instructions presented above, and post a comment if you still have questions.