Do you know what Torrent Search is?
You might have downloaded Torrent Search on your web browsers thinking that the application will help you use the torrent service in a more convenient manner. The application is officially presented as the tool that can provide users with an “[e]asy and quick search for books, music, videos in torrents.” Even if you find the service useful, we advise deleting Torrent Search from your operating system. The sooner you remove the application, the fewer security issues you are likely to encounter. After analyzing the program, we have learned that it can display unreliable advertisements, which means that your virtual security could be threatened if you do not remove Torrent Search from your operating system.Torrent Search screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Torrent Search works as a search tool, but it is installed as an extension on your Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer browsers. The program has been published by Macte! Labs, but there is no official site representing it, which is why most users have very limited information regarding Torrent Search. The app is usually distributed using software bundles, and it appears that it can travel packaged with malware. Do you want malicious programs to be installed on your operating system? Of course you don’t, which is why we remind you that you need to be cautious when installing any kind of software. Have you already removed Torrent Search, but your operating system is not running normally? If you do not delete all existing threats, your operating system will remain compromised.
It is one thing to remove Torrent Search, and it is an entirely different story when it comes to the removal of other malicious programs. It is enough to uninstall Torrent Search from your operating system – as shown in the removal guide below – to get rid of the suspicious extension. Unfortunately, other threats could require more attention and better knowledge of the operating system and malware. If you do not know how to deal with malware, it is best you install an automatic malware removal tool that can delete all computer infections and keep it protected from other virtual attacks.
Delete Torrent Search from Windows
Delete from Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- In the Metro UI start screen move the cursor to the bottom right corner to open the Charm bar.
- Click the Search icon, enter Control Panel, and open the utility.
- Select Uninstall a program and identify Torrent Search.
- Right-click and Uninstall the application you have chosen to remove from your PC.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7
- Click the Windows/Start button on the left of the Taskbar and open Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and find the undesirable application.
- Right-click the application you want to remove from your PC and choose Uninstall.
Delete from Windows XP
- Move to the left of the Taskbar and click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the menu on the left click Change or Remove Programs and Remove the undesirable program.
In non-techie terms:
Torrent Search is not an extension we recommend installing on your PC. The program could open up security backdoors via the search results as well as the pop-up and banner advertisements that you are likely to encounter. You can remove Torrent Search using the guide above, but we also suggest installing authentic security software to automatically delete the remaining threats and to protect your operating system, so that malicious programs cannot attack you in the future.