Do you know what Toparcade Hits is?
Toparcade Hits is a potentially wanted program that some users mistake for a browser hijacker. The truth is that Toparcade Hits has a deactivation option, and no malicious computer infection would inform you how to get rid of it. The problem with Toparcade Hits is that this application may display constant pop-up advertisements and it can change your home page to toparcadehits.com, but all of that happens with your permission. If you did not intend to have this application on your PC, simply remove Toparcade Hits via Control Panel.
If you are wondering how this application got into your computer, then you probably downloaded some freeware program from a third party website (like download.com), and Toparcade Hits installer file was bundled with the downloaded software. Be attentive when you install free software on your computer, because you may miss a line in the installation wizard that informs you about Toparcade Hits being installed on your PC as well.
Toparcade Hits screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The official website at toparcadehits.com says that the website is full of flash games and you are free to play them whenever you want. At first glance there seems to be nothing wrong with this page, however, if you are constantly seeing pop-up ads urging you to play Toparcade Hits, it may be suspicious. Since these kinds of sites have low security levels, it is very easy for a malicious third party to make use of this application and embed links to corrupted sites in these ads.
If you do not intend to have this application on your PC, you need to be careful about freeware, codecs and torrents that you download, because Toparcade Hits is often bundled with a variety of programs. Luckily enough, this application is not a dangerous computer malware, so you can try removing it manually.
How to remove Toparcade Hits
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and click Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Toparcadehits.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Toparcadehits.
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Toparcadehits.
Remove Toparcade Hits from your browser
- Press Alt+X and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove Toparcadehits from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Toparcadehits from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Select Extensions and remove Toparcadehits from the list.
It should be enough to remove Toparcade Hits from your PC, but if you think that there are still residual files left, scan your PC with SpyHunter free scanner and then invest in legitimate antimalware tool to terminate all the unwanted applications.
In non-techie terms:
Toparcade Hits is a potentially unwanted application that displays pop-up ads. These ads pose potential security threat to your computer security system, so you are strongly advised to remove Toparchate Hits from your PC.