Do you know what TerasGames is?
TerasGames is a program that we do not recommend trusting. Even though we identify this program as a potentially unwanted program, there are a few things that every user should consider before deciding whether or not this program deserves trust. First of all, if you are installing this program, think about what other programs are installed along with it. Although some users might be asked to install this program when playing games on terasgames.com, most users encounter the installer when downloading other programs. The worst part is that this PUP could come packaged with truly malicious programs that require immediate removal. If you have made up your mind already, and you want to delete TerasGames, use our removal guide. If you still need more information, continue reading.TerasGames screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Even though TerasGames is not identical to GiantArcade, GamerHippo, and other so-called game managers, these programs are very similar. Our research team has found that TerasGames is different because it might be installed as a browser extension as well. If you notice this program installed on your PC, you have to check your Google Chrome browser to see if a browser extension was applied without your notice. If it was, we suggest removing this extension. If you do not get rid of it – or the program altogether – it is likely that various advertisements will start showing up whenever you browse the web. If you do not want to see these ads, there is only one solution, which is removing TerasGames. As a matter of fact, most users delete this program because they are not happy about the advertising methods it employs. For example, did you know that TerasGames can modify your network traffic? This is something the developer of this PUP has disclosed at terasgames.com/terms.html.
If you are not impressed by the services that TerasGames provides and you do not want to become a victim of potentially misleading advertising, we recommend removing this potentially unwanted program right away. Most users recognize two methods of removal: automatic and manual. Although manual removal does not require investing money, it requires time, knowledge, experience, and skills. If you do not have what it takes to remove unreliable programs and protect your PC, consider investing in automated malware removal software. Although most users can delete TerasGames manually, we are more worried about the infections that could have entered your Windows operating system along with this PUP.
Remove from Windows 10/Windows 8.1/Windows 8
- Simultaneously tap Win+R on your keyboard to launch RUN.
- Enter Control Panel, click OK to launch this utility, and select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete from your PC and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Navigate to the Taskbar and click the Windows logo to open the Start menu.
- Open the Control Panel menu, move to Programs, and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete from your computer and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP
- Move to the left of the Taskbar, click Start, and open the Control Panel menu.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and go to Change or Remove Programs.
- Click the unwanted program and select Remove to get rid of it.
Remove from Google Chrome
- Open the browser, and then simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Move the cursor over to More tools for more options and click Extensions.
- Identify the unwanted extension, click the recycle bin icon, and choose Remove.
In non-techie terms:
Even though TerasGames is just a PUP, it can showcase links to third-party sites and modify network traffic, which is why we recommend deleting this program from your PC and Chrome browser. Our manual removal guide will definitely help you remove TerasGames, but you should be more worried about the elimination of malicious programs that are known to travel bundled with this PUP. If a malware scanner detects malicious threats, you can research them separately to learn how to delete them manually. If you do not want to waste time, run an automated malware remover to find and delete all dangerous programs active on your operating system.