Do you know what TankGripHook is?
TankGripHook falls into the category of adware applications. It is undesirable, because it is irritating, so you might want to remove this application. For those of you who might not be familiar with this application and adware in general, we recommend reading the full article. After reading it you will learn to appreciate antimalware applications that prevent programs such as TankGripHook from entering your PC and remove them if they happen to slip by. Cyber security should never be neglected, because ignoring it might bring undeniable consequences.
Programs, such as TankGripHook are rather well known to us. Basically, this application is no different from RandomDealApp, MicroChallenger, and JumboDeals. All of the aforementioned programs have been created by a software developer called Justplug It Ltd. this company is in the business of providing unreliable entities with the means of promoting unasked-for potentially malicious content. This company is a bit different from the rest, because it provides its clients a lot of customization options, but the core of all its applications is the same.
TankGripHook is very likely to be bundled with other malicious software using InstallRex, Amonetize, and Vittalia installers. These malicious software bundles can be featured on any website around the globe, but typically they can be found on torrent websites and websites that distributed pirated material, such as software. On occasions, bundles that might contain TankGripHook can be found on websites that provide software cracks and keygens. And you can download them by clicking a bogus download button.
All in all, TankGripHook is a useless piece of software that you can definitely do without. It will display advertisements that you did not ask for, because it is mostly distributed using deceptive means. The removal process is not very difficult. All you have to do is go to the Control Panel and uninstall the program, then remove its extension from all of your browsers. Please follow the instructions provided below.
Remove TankGripHook from the OS
Windows 8/Windows 8.1
- Click the bottom left Windows logo to open the Start Screen.
- Type Uninstall in the search box and then go to Settings.
- Click Uninstall a program in the search results.
- Locate TankGripHook.
- Click Uninstall.
Windows 7/Windows Vista
- Click Start located at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Select Control Panel, and click Uninstall a program.
- Locate TankGripHook, and click Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu located at the bottom left side of the screen.
- Click Control Panel, and select Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate TankGripHook, and click Remove.
How to remove TankGripHook from your browser
- Simultaneously press Alt+F and select More tools.
- Choose Extensions.
- Find the plug-in and click Remove.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Simultaneously press Alt+T and select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Find the add-on and click Disable/Remove.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl+Shift+A.
- Click Extensions.
- Find the extension and click Remove.
In non-techie terms:
TankGripHook is a mere adware application that will make your browsing experience just a bit more frustrating. Commercial ads will constantly get in the way and you might accidentally download more adware if click on an ad. TankGripHook has been created by an unreliable software developer, which specializes in developing adware. You would not want to have this application if you did. Therefore, we recommend that you remove this program.