Do you know what System Fix is?
If you are in the market for a powerful defragmenter that will help you keep your PC operating optimally then you need to steer well clear of System Fix. This rogue defragmenter will not benefit your system in the least. In fact, System Fix derives from the well-known and despised family of rogues as FakeHDD rogues. It will enter the system without the permission of the user and will attempt to convince him that his PC is being overrun by critical errors. It does this in an effort to convince the user to pay for a System Fix license. This program will not live up to any of its promises and will cause more damage than good.
System Fix will use any tactic at its disposal to facilitate its surreptitious infiltration of the system. These may extend to using bogus online malware scanners to seditious browser hijacking websites. Once it manages to root itself into the system, System Fix will start its attack. This will happen by System Fix initiating a fake system scan. This scan will inform the user that his PC is suffering from various crippling errors. It will also inform the user that he needs to purchase System Fix in order to fix these errors.
The user will also shortly after the fake scan start receiving annoying popup messages acting as system notifications generated by System Fix. It will inform him of the same as the fake scan and will attempt to force him into paying for System Fix. These are some of the fake alerts to be on the lookout for:
Windows detected a hard disk problem
a potential disk failure may cause loss of files, applications and documents stored on the hard disk. Please try not to use this computer until the hard disk is fixed or replaced.
Windows detected a hard disk problem
a potential disk failure may cause loss of files, applications and documents store on the hard disk. It’s highly recommended to scan and solve HDD problems before continue using this PC.
Hard Drive Failure
The system has detected a problem with one or more installed IDE / SATA hard disks. It is recommended that you restart the system.
An error occurred while reading system files. Run a system diagnostic utility to check your hard disk drive for errors.
If you look closely at the above fake alerts you will already be alerted to System Fix’s fake status. Other symptoms associated with this rogue include users being unable to launch applications on the infected PC.
In order to limit the damage this rogue will cause to your PC it is recommended you destroy System Fix immediately. This can safest be achieved by making use of a powerful security tool which will not only erase System Fix for good but also protect your system against similar attacks in future.
In non techie terms:
System Fix is a fake security tool only out to rip you off. Obliterate System Fix immediately and regain control of your PC.
Aliases: SystemFix.How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
Find and Delete These Files:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\System Fix.lnk
- %Desktop%\System Fix.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\Uninstall System Fix.lnk
- %AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\System Fix.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\System Fix\
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments "SaveZoneInformation" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes" = '.zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;.scr;'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download "CheckExeSignatures" = 'no'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop "NoChangingWallPaper" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random]"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Use FormSuggest" = 'Yes'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "CertificateRevocation" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "Hidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "[random].exe"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced "ShowSuperHidden" = '0'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer "NoDesktop" = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings "WarnonBadCertRecving" = '0'
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "DisableTaskMgr" = '1'
System Fix Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: