Do you know what StartNow Toolbar By Zugo is?
The suspicious StartNow Toolbar By Zugo is a browser plugin which you may install on your Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers. The application travels with the help of freeware and bundled downloads. Once the plugin is dropped onto the computer it changes your search provider and home page, which is why it sometimes is categorized as a browser hijacker. The toolbar itself provides you with quick access links to Miniclip, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Twitter and displays the Yahoo search box. If you have been introduced to the installation wizard of the application, you now know that the add-on is installed into the default path. Overall, the suspicious extension is not considered malicious. Then why should you delete StartNow Toolbar By Zugo? Continue reading to discover manual removal instructions.
Third parties, including our Partners and Search Providers, may collect information through the Toolbars, and such third parties’ use of the information collected will be governed by their own privacy policies as further described below.
Web cookies can collect information regarding browsing habits but are also used to collect your user names and passwords. Is this safe? It is not entirely secure because of the noted third party activity. It is unclear if schemers could not get access to the data collected by the third parties; therefore, you may want to remove StartNow Toolbar By Zugo as soon as possible. Follow the manual removal instructions to delete the suspicious add-on and fix browser settings.
Delete from browsers
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Simultaneously tap Alt+H and select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- To complete the task – click Finish and allow the new data import.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options, click on the General tab, overwrite the home page and click OK.
- Go back to the Tools menu (Alt+T) and select Manage Add-ons.
- Navigate to the menu on the left and select Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click on the undesirable add-on (StartNow Toolbar and StartNow Toolbar Helper) and hit Disable.
- No select Search Providers and Remove the unwanted search provider. Click Close.
Delete from Windows
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start screen.
- All apps -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate the Toolbar, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- Right-click StartNow Toolbar and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted application and click Remove.
In non-techie terms:
If you remove StartNow Toolbar By Zugo, there will be no virtual security risks left. Nonetheless, if you want to protect your PC against seriously malevolent infections, you should implement legitimate malware detection and removal software which could shield your Windows system against all PC threats.