Do you know what SpeedUpMyComputer is?
It has been discovered that SpeedUpMyComputer is a PUP – potentially unwanted program. The program is promoted as a tool which can speed up your personal computer and help you solve problems which supposedly have caused the slow-down of the system. As our researchers have disclosed, the program is not critically malicious and it can detect some problems which truly exist within your operating system. Nonetheless, this does not mean that you should install the application and then pay $9.95 for its full version. We recommend that you remove SpeedUpMyComputer from the operating Windows system and delete applications which come bundled with the suspicious system optimizer.
SmartTweak Software presents SpeedUpMyComputer at smarttweak.us/smc/details, and you can visit this site to download the program onto the computer. If you are determined that this is the program you want to install onto the computer, something that we do not recommend, you need to be extra cautious with the installation setup. If you are not cautious, you will install Ask search tools and Movies Toolbar. This plugin is presented by Somoto Ltd., and you may be familiar with the company if you have faced FLV Player or DealBulldog. If you are running either of these programs, you should immediately scan your PC with a reliable spyware scanner and delete potentially running computer threats.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
You should not trust that SpeedUpMyComputer will help you fix problems linked to CPU, Memory, Video system, Network, System resources or System registry. Needless to say, the application may indicate existing issues; however, it is more likely that it will miss seriously critical problems and fail to warn you about them. This may be extremely dangerous to your personal virtual security, which is why we advise that you replace the suspicious, potentially unreliable program with a more beneficial one.
The first thing you need to do before you commence with SpeedUpMyComputer removal procedures is to scan the operating system. There is a possibility that other undesirable, even potentially dangerous applications are running on the computer. If they are – delete them using automatic malware removal software. To delete the undesirable software from the computer manually – follow the instructions below.
Remove undesirable Windows programs
Remove from Windows XP:
- Move to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Open Control Panel and click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable program and select Remove to get rid of it.
Remove from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu located on the Task Bar.
- Click Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to delete and click Uninstall.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI start screen.
- Right-click on the background and select All apps.
- Click Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable application and select Uninstall.
Delete undesirable search tools
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Settings.
- Click the General tab and move to Home Page.
- Change/remove the provided URL and then click OK.
- Move to the search box on the right and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Click OK and restart the browser.
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and then click Set pages.
- Overwrite/delete the displayed URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance, mark Show Home button, click Change and repeat step 3.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Select a new search provider and remove the undesirable one by clicking the X mark.
- Click OK and restart Chrome.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- From the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once more but this time select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and move to Home Page below.
- Change/remove the provided URL and click OK.
- Restart the browser.
In non-techie terms:
SpeedUpMyComputer is a system optimizer which is not the most beneficial tool you could install onto your personal computer. As research shows, the program comes bundled with browser plugins which you should remove from the computer as well. The manual removal instructions above should help you delete the undesirable software manually; however, if you do face any obstacles – implement automatic malware removal software and post us a comment below.
Aliases: Speed Up My Computer.