Do you know what SpecialSavings is?
Upon the installation of the browser add-on, you are presented with a License Agreement, which informs you about these suspicious activities:
When you download the software, and at times during your use of the browser Add-On, we transmit SpecialSavings cookies to the hard drive of your computer. These cookies enable SpecialSavings to track and store information about your web usage path and online shopping while suing the browser Add-On. […] You will be transferred to online merchants or other third party websites through the browser Add-On.
Even though this activity is legal and without it you would not be presented with virtual discounts or coupons which coincide with your web browsing habits and recent search queries, it is still not entirely secure to run program which can record your private information. Especially since the affiliate parties of the program could indirectly involve cyber crooks. To delete SpecialSavings manually, you need to perform a few steps which are presented below.
Remove SpecialSavings from browsers:
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F to open the Chrome menu.
- Select Tools and click Extensions.
- Navigate to the unwanted extension, click on the trash icon and select Remove.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions.
- Select the undesirable add-on and click Disable.
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager.
- Click on Extensions.
- Move to the add-on you want to delete and select the Remove button.
Remove SpecialSavings from the PC:
- Open the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted add-on and click Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the program you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the start screen of Metro UI.
- All apps -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program.
- Find the item you want to delete, right-click on it and select Uninstall.
In non-techie terms:
Scroll down for full removal instructions
SpecialSavings removal is a task you should employ if you do not want the developers of the add-on to discover your identifiable data and leak private information to third parties. Manual removal should help you delete the plugin. If your PC runs disorderly or the application regenerates after removal – install a reliable spyware scanner to inspect the computer.
Aliases: Special Savings.