Do you know what Software Education Hijacker is?
Software Education Hijacker refers to a website or search engine which becomes the home page of your browsers when you install some potentially unwanted application such as adware. Next time when you are installing a free program download from, for example, peer-to-peer file sharing website, read the information provided so that you can opt out some check boxes related to the installation of additional programs. When Software Education Hijacker gets to the PC, instead of your favorite page, you will have to use sftwred.info.
The website sftwred.info contains a logo of Software Education which, according to their website softed.com, “are the internationally recognized local experts in software development training”. They run courses on business analysis, system design, programming and so on.
However, your home page only bears the logo of the company and a search box under which you will find “Powered by Google”. However, there always is a possibility that your actions online are monitored so that the information collected could be used by, for example, third-party company for advertising purposes.
If you do not want to be provided with advertisements promoting items or services which you are not interested it, you can and you should remove Software Education Hijacker from the system. You can do it by implementing a powerful spyware removal tool right now, or you can do it after uninstalling and altering the settings of the browser.
You will find instructions on how to uninstall a program to which the unwanted infection was attached. Moreover, you will find how to reset your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome.
Software Education Hijacker removal
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove programs.
- Select the unwanted program and click Remove.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start - > Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted application to uninstall it.
- Move the mouse over the bottom left corner of the screen.
- When a mini Metro UI/your desktop pops up, right-click it.
- Click Control Panel - > Uninstall a program.
- Double-click the unwanted program.
Change the settings of the browsers
- Press and hold down the Alt key and press T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab and then click Reset.
- Select the check box and click Reset.
- To finalize the reset, click Close.
- Press and hold the Alt key and press the H key.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press and hold the Alt key and then press F.
- Point to Tools and then click on Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted add-on.
- Click on Setting on the left side of the browser.
- In the On startup section, click on Set pages and change the startup page.
- In the Search section, click on Manage search engine.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and add a new one if necessary.
In non-techie terms:
After you finish the removal of Software Education Hijacker, scan the PC with our spyware removal tool. Software Education Hijacker should be removed from the computer in order to prevent unexpected computer infections, so if you computer is infected, do not wait and get rid of the hijacker.
Aliases: BH.Software Education.