Do you know what Softonic Toolbar is?
Are you struggling with Softonic Toolbar removal? This is a browser extension which travels bundled with add-ons (e.g. Google Toolbar for IE) advertised through softonic.com. If you are not careful with the installation setups, you may download the toolbar and reconfigure some of the browser settings. Has your home page been changed to search.softonic.com and your search engine to Softonic WebSearch? These irritating, automatic modifications can be changed with few simple steps. Do you want to learn how to remove Softonic Toolbar? Continue reading to find out.
The toolbar has been developed by Softonic International and can be downloaded alongside other browser extensions. Once you visit en.softonic.com, you are introduced to tens of different add-ons which are compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers. Even though the website is legitimate, many of the promoted add-ons, including Ask Toolbar or Yahoo Toolbar, are primarily available from official websites. If you choose to download them from softonic.com, your personal data will be tracked by the tracking cookies of the company. Do you want to share information about your browsing habits? If you do not wish to do that – remove Softonic Toolbar.
Softonic Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Softonic Toolbar removal is not required if you worry about your virtual security. Nevertheless, if you blame this browser extension for slower Internet connection speeds and you simply do not want to use it, there are a few simple steps you need to follow in order to remove it. Note that manual removal guides can also help you restore your home page and search engine settings.
How to remove Softonic Toolbar from the PC?
- Move the cursor to the bottom left corner and right-click on the minimized version of Desktop/Metro UI screen.
- Select Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program from the appeared list.
- Now right-click on the program you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Click on Start (left of the Task Bar) and then Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program, right-click on the unwanted application and select Uninstall.
- Open the Start menu and click on Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
How to remove Softonic Toolbar from the browsers?
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab.
- Overwrite the Home Page and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again and now select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the unwanted extension and select Disable.
- Now click on Search Providers (menu on the left).
- Select the unwanted search provider and click Remove.
- Launch the browser and open the menu by simultaneously tapping Alt+F.
- Go to Tools and select Extensions.
- Click on the recycle bin icon for the add-on you wish to delete and select Remove.
- Select Settings from the menu on the left and navigate to On Startup.
- Mark “Open a specific page” and hit Set pages.
- Locate the unwanted option and click “x”. Click OK.
- Go to Search and click on Manage Search Engines.
- Select the item you want to remove and click “x”. Click OK.
- Tap Alt+H (simultaneously) to open the Firefox Help menu.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Select Reset Firefox.
- Click Finish.
In non-techie terms:
Softonic Toolbar is a legitimate browser extension which can be installed onto your personal computer after downloading software from softonic.com. If you want to remove the application from the system, all you have to do is follow the removal instructions presented below. Do you suspect malignant programs running on the PC? Install a free spyware scanner SpyHunter to examine the system or, better yet, install the security tool to guard your Windows system against malicious applications.