Do you know what SmileysWeLove Toolbar is?
SmileysWeLove Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program that usually comes bundled with a group of other freeware applications. It may be created by Squeaky Chocolate Ltd., but smileyswelove.com is not the only place where you can download the toolbar at. Due to extensive third party distribution and affiliations, SmileysWeLove Toolbar becomes a browser extension that is not recommended to have on your computer. Therefore, even if you have installed this add-on willingly, the general piece of advice is to remove SmileysWeLove Toolbar from the PC right now.
SmileysWeLove Toolbar is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer web browsers. When the add-on is installed on your browser, you can add emoticons to various platforms, including Yahoo! Messenger, Hotmail, Gmail and Facebook. Although the tool might seem useful, when SmileysWeLove Toolbar gets installed on your browser it starts tracking your web browsing activity with tracking cookies. When this information is processed, the extension may provide with personalized commercial advertisements. The possibility of getting spammed with commercial ads only increases if SmileysWeLove Toolbar arrives bundled with freeware.
Since downloading SmileysWeLove Toolbar from the official website implies that it was your intention to have the toolbar on your computer, we should focus on the other method of distribution. Namely – bundled downloads. This application is known to come along with Delta Toolbar. In case of Delta Toolbar installation, you usually have an opportunity to choose whether you want additional apps installed or not. You are offered to choose an installation mode on one of the installation steps:
Install SmileysWeLove and Delta Toolbar. Delta is a popular free toolbar designed to make browsing and searching the Internet faster and easier! Delta Toolbar gives you access to a large variety of radio, music & news stations, comprehensive term, text and web page translations
Thus, if you go through the installation steps automatically, you end up with a list of programs on your computer you neither need nor want. One should be point out, that if you install the full version of Delta Toolbar, your browser settings will be changed as well. Delta Toolbar will install its own home page and default search engine. Needless to say, that it only increases the possibility of malevolent third party exploitation.
It is possible to get infected with malware, as you might get displayed corrupted content via commercial advertisements (inadvertently), however that is not the ultimate conclusion. You can protect your computer by removing SmileysWeLove Toolbar and other similar applications from your system as soon as possible. It would also be a good idea to run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner. It will help you to determine all the other applications that need to be uninstalled from your computer. Not to mention that by investing in a licensed computer security application you would ensure your PC is safeguarded against potential threats.
Remove SmileysWeLove Toolbar
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charm bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove unwanted programs.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove undesirable programs.
- Click Start menu button and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall unwanted applications.
Restore browser settings
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings options and press Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Firefox button and navigate to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and click Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- When pop-up box appears, click Reset Firefox again. Press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine; delete unwanted search engine and press Done.
In case you need any further help with SmileysWeLove Toolbar’s removal, do let me know by leaving a comment below.
In non-techie terms:
SmileysWeLove Toolbar is a browser extension that is considered a potentially unwanted application. It can be easily misused by cyber criminals for corrupted content distribution, thus computer security experts recommend removing SmileysWeLove Toolbar from the PC.
Aliases: Smileys We Love Toolbar.