Do you know what SmartSuggestor Toolbar is?
SmartSuggestor Toolbar is a browser add-on which can change your home page to search.smartsuggestor.com or search.smartsuggestorxml.com. This happens when you install it on its own or bundled with a free program. How does this happen? While running the installer, it is important to pay close attention to the information provided so as to ensure that no additional program is installed. If you have SmartSuggestor Toolbar on your PC, do not wait ant remove from the system, which you will have to uninstall it through Control Panel. Ignore the links to the home page, Game, Alexa and other website in order to prevent the adverse results of using the toolbar. The application that you need to delete is easily noticeable as it is labeled as Smart Suggestor Toolbar, and its publisher is shown to be Visicom Media Inc.
As to the features of search.smartsuggestor.com, you may already know that on search.smartsuggestor.com you will find various advertisements, or rather links, which are present at the top of the browser. They lead to the websites which you may not be interested in and which are presented in a pink box which contains a heading Smart Suggestor Ads. When you hover the mouse over its icon, a small drop-down window suggesting such options as Settings, About Smart Suggestor, About Think Tank Labs and Uninstall appears. Additionally, with search.smartsuggestor.com on the PC, you will receive keyword suggestions. The widget is said to help you browse faster; however, we recommend you remove the SmartSuggestor Toolbar and change the settings of the browser especially if all the changes discussed have been implemented by mistake.
SmartSuggestor Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
In order to remove Smart Suggestor Toolbar, you should use a legitimate and powerful spyware removal tool. It is necessary not because of the complexity of the unwanted application but the necessity to safeguard your PC against unwanted malware attacks that may be carried out by hackers in the future. If you are eager to delete the toolbar in question by yourself, follow the instructions provided and bear in mind that you should scan the PC for the malware after you complete the removal.
How to remove SmartSuggestor Toolbar
- Move the mouse over the lower left corner of the screen.
- Select Control Panel.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
- Double-click Smart Suggestor Toolbar.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program you want to remove and click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Open the Start menu.
- Click Control Panel - > Uninstall a program.
- Double-click Smart Suggestor to uninstall it.
Remove search.smartsuggestor.com from your browsers
- Press and hold down the Alt key and then press T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Reset.
- Select the check box.
- Click Reset and then click Close.
- Press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox - > Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools and click Extensions.
- Remove Smart Suggestor.
- Click Settings.
- In the On startup section, click Set pages.
- Remove search.smartsuggestor.com and select a new startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines.
- Remove the unwanted search provider and set a new one.
In non-techie terms:
SmartSuggestor Toolbar is a browser add-on which modifies the settings of Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The search engine which becomes the home page of the browsers is search.smartsuggestor.com. Due to the fact that people recklessly install the toolbar, malware researchers tend to call it browser hijacker. In order to remove it from your browsing tools, try our instructions provided or implement SpyHunter which will remove the unwanted toolbar and search engine in no time.