Do you know what Smart Address Bar is?
Smart Address Bar is a browser add-on that is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, but it can be installed on Internet Explorer as well. It can be downloaded at smartaddressbar.com, but it is also available at Mozilla Firefox add-ons website and at such places as Cnet. Smart Address Bar is there to improve your web search by turning the browser address bar into a search box. When you have the add-on installed, whenever you type something into the browser's address bar, Smart Address Bar presents you with keyword-related search suggestions, and can even display your previous search history.
Smart Address Bar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Remove Smart Address Bar from PC
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings. Go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Smart Address Bar.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Smart Address Bar.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove program and uninstall Smart Address Bar.
Remove Smart Address Bar from Mozilla Firefox
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Smart Address Bar from Extensions.
- Restart your browser.
If you think that there may be some suspicious programs lurking in your system, run a full PC scan with SpyHunter free scanner, and you will know whether you have something to remove or not.
In non-techie terms:
Smart Address Bar is a browser plugin that turns your address bar into a search box, providing you various search suggestions. It is a legitimate tool, but if you do not want to use it, you can easily remove Smart Address Bar from your PC.
Aliases: Smart Bar.