Do you know what Skype.dat is?
Skype.dat is a malicious infection which bears the name of the well-known software application Skype. The dangerous file uses rootkit techniques to hides its presence within your computer so that your anti-virus cannot detect it. The removal of Skype.dat is highly recommended in order to prevent the damage that can be done to the victimized computer.
It has been found that Skype.dat operates in the same way like Wgsdgsdgdsgsd.exe, an executable file which is dropped to the system along with Reveton Trojan which locks computer screens. Skype.dat can be downloaded alongside such dangerous files as jucheck.dll, cracker.exe and others. The location of Skype.dat is known to be the %APPDATA% directory, which is you can access by following the path C:\Users\User\AppData.
If your computer is infected with a ransomware virus, for example, FBI MoneyPak Virus, Ukash Virus, Police Virus or any other computer infection which locks the computer down and displays a fraudulent full-screen message, it is likely that Skype.dat is also present within the system.
Remember that it is vital that you remove the ransomware infection as there is no other way to get rid of Skype.dat and other files which can impair the performance of the system. The payment which is required in the fraudulent warning will not help you to restore the settings of the machine because after the payment the PC remains inoperable.
Only with the help of a reliable spyware removal tool you can remove Skype.dat and the associated files as well and the Trojan that has locked your PC. The instructions below will show you what you should do in order to fix the computer so that it can operate as usual.
How to remove Skype.dat
- Restart the computer.
- Tap the F8 key as soon as the BIOS screen disappears.
- Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and hit Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download our spyware removal tool.
- Run the installer and remove the ransomware infection.
- Reboot the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS startup screen to load and immediately start tapping the F8 key.
- In the Windows Advanced Options Menu, highlight Safe Mode with Networking using the up and down arrow keys.
- Press Enter.
- Click on Yes.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- Type “msconfig” in the Open box and press OK.
- Open the Startup tab.
- Click on the Disable All button.
- Click on Apply.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the downloaded file and remove the infection along with Skype.dat and other harmful files.
In non-techie terms:
Skype.dat is a dangerous component of the Reveton Trojan that bypasses the majority of anti-virus programs and disables access to the system. The aim of the infection is to rip you off by displaying a warning that claims that you have to pay a particular sum of money. In order to kill the infection, you should utilize SpyHunter which will delete all the malicious files for you.
Aliases: Skype.dat virus.