Do you know what Security Monitor 2012 is?
Security Monitor 2012 is a fake rogue antispyware program that might seem familiar to you. That is of no surprise, because this computer threat is a direct clone of AntiVirus System 2011, Security Solution 2011, Desktop Security 2010 and many other rogues of the same family. Since Security Monitor 2012 is a rogue antispyware it means that it tries to come across as a real antivirus program in order to steal your money. Your task is to ignore the messages you receive from Security Monitor 2012 altogether, because all the fake security notifications and other pop messages are designed to push you into purchasing the full version of the program. Unfortunately, Security Monitor 2012 has a fraudulent payment processor that is located at secure.onlinepayment.com. This rogue also has an official website at securitymonitor2012.com.
For starters, since Security Monitor 2012 is not a Trojan, even though you might not be aware of the exact moment when the rogue is downloaded, you will surely know that this infection is in your computer when it pops up to perform a fake system scan. You most probably accidentally download Security Monitor 2012 by yourself, when you land at net-testnewhward.us website. Even though you might not have an intention to visit the website, Security Monitor 2012 can easily use a blackhat SEO technique to forcefully redirect you to the rogue-related website.
Once Security Monitor 2012 starts the scan, you will see such parasites as Downloader-BLV, Trojan:Win32/Alureon.CT or TrojanDownloader:JS/Renos “detected” in your system, but you have to keep in mind that the scan is fake and everything is done to rip you off. If that weren’t enough, Security Monitor 2012 can also block you from accessing various websites, and kill various programs, in order to remain in your computer for a longer period of time. Thus, if the infection is not treated, you can experience an ultimate system crash.
So you must remove Security Monitor 2012 from your computer using a reliable computer safeguard tool that will terminate all the rogue’s processes automatically and save you the trouble of deleted rogue-related processes on your own. To make the removal even easier, use this code to “activate” Security Monitor 2012:
Once the rogue is “registered” the onslaught of fake security notifications stops and you get rid of it with ease. Remember that Security Monitor 2012’s final goal is to rob you, so do not become yet another victim in line.
In non-techie terms:
Security Monitor 2012 is a computer threat that looks like an antivirus program, because it wants to reap financial gain. You should close the program and do not believe in anything it says, since in the end it can lead to your system’s doom. Terminate Security Monitor 2012 with a powerful computer safeguard program and secure the system against future attacks.
Aliases: Security Monitor.
How to Stop a Running Process
Stop These Processes:
- Security Monitor.exe
- Security Monitor.exe
Find and Delete These Files:
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor\Activate Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\
- Activate Security Monitor.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\IcoUninstall.ico
- %Desktop%\Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\Security Monitor.exe
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor\Help Security Monitor.lnk
- Security Monitor.exe
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor\How to Activate Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\securitymanager.exe
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\IcoHelp.ico
- How to Activate Security Monitor.lnk
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor\Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\securityhelper.exe
- %StartMenu%\Programs\Security Monitor\
- Help Security Monitor.lnk
- Security Monitor.lnk
- %AppData%\Security Monitor\IcoActivate.ico
Remove These Registry Values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Security Monitor
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Security Monitor"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Security Monitor 2012 Security"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Security Monitor
- Security Monitor
Security Monitor 2012 Removal Guide Automatic Removal Instructions
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: