Do you know what searchsquared Toolbar is?
Searchsquared Toolbar is a browser plugin which might appear on all the popular browsers which are Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. This browser plugin does not do anything extremely bad to your system; however it might change your default search engine to Searchsquared after it gets onto your computer. Even though it does not look like a serious infection, you should still use it carefully. If you notice any of the actions that might seem unacceptable, you should remove Searchsquared Toolbar from your computer using the instructions that we have provided for you below.
This browser plugin can be easily recognized from the icons on the toolbar. First of all, there is a search engine which will allow you search for the information on the web. This search engine will lead you to DogPile Search, which is a legal engine which provides you with the results from three search providers which are Google, Yahoo!, and Yandex. However, it has one drawback – it displays several advertisements on the top of search results. However, they are distinguished in the section Ads, so you can decide whether to click on them or not yourself. What is more, you will be able to access social networking websites Facebook and Twitter from your toolbar. Such options as Speed up your PC, Driver updates, and Privacy protection can be found on the Searchsquared Toolbar as well. You can use these functions cautiously; however, we recommend that you do not click on those advertisements that are shown if you use DogPile search engine.
Searchsquared Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Do you wonder how advertisements themselves might be dangerous? If you have ever clicked on any of the advertisements that you come across on the internet, you have probably noticed that you are redirected to other websites. Nobody knows what these websites contain; it means that you might meet malicious software and even cause harm to the security of your system. Besides, if you click on those ads, you might contribute to the collection of money as you might be lead to pay-per-click websites. If you want to reduce the risk of infecting your computer, you should erase Searchsquared Toolbar entirely from your system.
Last but not least, if you have searchsquared Toolbar on your system, you should check whether there are no other unwanted programs or adware applications on your computer. It has been found out that this browser plugin usually comes bundled with other unrelated programs. Thus, when you install a program from the web, you should always select custom installation and then unselect the software that is unfamiliar.
If you do not know where this application came from, you can always remove it from your system. Use the instructions which we have kindly shared with you and you will have no difficulties removing searchsquared Toolbar. You can also scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool and you will not need to bother about searchsquared yourself.
How to remove Searchsquared Toolbar
- Launch your browser and then press Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Select Toolbars and Extensions from the menu on the left.
- Click on the extension and then click Disable.
- Select Search Providers from the same menu and then select a new search provider.
- Click Set as default and select the unwanted search provider.
- Click the Remove button.
- Open your browser and then press Ctrl+Shift+A simultaneously.
- Select Extensions.
- Click on the searchsquared toolbar and then click the Remove button.
- Close the window.
- Click on the search box near the icon of the search engine.
- Press F4 and then select a new search provider.
- Press F4 once again and find Manage Search Engines…
- Select search provider related to searchsquared toolbar and select Remove.
- Click OK.
- Launch your browser and then press Alt+F.
- Select Tools and then Extensions.
- Select the unwanted extension and then click the recycle bin button.
- Click the Remove button.
- Select Settings under the Chrome.
- Under the heading Search, select Manage search engines…
- Select a new search engine and click Made default.
- Click on the engine which you want to erase. Click X.
In non-techie terms:
Searchsquared Toolbar is not a serious threat itself; however, you should be very careful with it because it might lead you to potential threats. If you decide to remove it and do it manually, you should scan your computer with a reliable antimalware tool after the manual removal. We recommend using SpyHunter. It will check whether there are no remaining elements or other threats on your PC. Click on the button and you will be able to download a free scanner.