Do you know what Search.SafeFinder.com is?
Computer users who believe that Search.SafeFinder.com is a trustworthy search provider are sadly mistaken. In fact, this is a browser hijacker which can take over the home page and the search provider of your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers. Needless to say, malware researchers suggest that you should delete Search.SafeFinder.com from the operating system. Note that the removal of this application can be aggravated by CouponDownloader, Deal Keeper, Sweet-Page, and other existing applications. These have been discovered to travel packaged with the browser hijacker. Even though you are likely to have the option to refuse the installers of these applications, you may install them accidentally. Either way, we suggest you remove them all.Search.SafeFinder.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Search.SafeFinder.com is installed with the Safe Finder Smartbar. Even though the additional application is not highly malicious, it is clear that it has been designed to support the suspicious search provider. It is mostly identified as suspicious because it can take down your regular search tools; however, it is also suspicious because of the related advertisements. The sponsored links and banner ads will be presented on the search-result pages, as well as the home page of the search provider itself. Therefore, even though the search tools are supposedly associated to Yahoo, the best thing you can do is remove Search.SafeFinder.com. If you do not delete the hijacker, third parties will continue spying on you and presenting various suspicious offers. Keep in mind that you are more likely to face unreliable, misleading offers than the authentic and useful ones. If you do not want to risk your virtual security, we suggest you ignore the ads and delete the hijacker.
A clandestine browser hijacker can cause a lot of harm, which is why you need to take care of its removal. Search.SafeFinder.com removal is not highly complicated because all that you really need to do is remove the undesirable search tools from the browsers. You can use the instructions below for this. On the other hand, it may be much more difficult to delete the additionally installed software. Furthermore, dangerous malware could have been active before the attack of the hijacker. This is why automatic malware removal software should be installed and running at all times.
Delete Safe Finder Smartbar
Delete from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI menu screen and choose All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and then navigate to Uninstall a program.
- Find the undesirable application, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Navigate to the left of the Task Bar and click the Windows button.
- Open the Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel to find more utilities.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and locate the Smartbar.
- Select the undesirable program and click Remove.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Open IE and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options and then click the General tab.
- Overwrite/delete the Home Page URL and click OK.
- Tap keys Alt+T again and this time select Manage Add-ons.
- In the menu on the left select Search Providers.
- Choose/add a new default search provider.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Open Chrome and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Settings and navigate to On Startup.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set Pages.
- Overwrite/delete the URL of the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Navigate to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Now click Change and repeat step 4 to delete the undesirable option.
- Finally scroll down to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Remove (click X on the URL) the undesirable search tool and click Done.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Open Firefox and navigate to the Firefox search box on the right.
- Click the search provider icon to access a drop-down menu.
- Select Manage Search Engines to find the available options.
- Remove the undesirable option, click OK and select a new search tool.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and click Options.
- Click the General tab, change/delete the Home Page URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Use the manual removal guides to delete Search.SafeFinder.com and install authentic security software to delete other threats and guard the operating system against the onslaught of malware. Make sure you keep the Windows operating system guarded because other unreliable or malicious programs could be much more devastating, intrusive and harmful.