Do you know what Search.myclassifiedsxp.com is?
Search.myclassifiedsxp.com might look like a useful search provider, but, in reality, it is the hijacker that you need to keep away. Users usually acquire this hijacker when installing My Classifieds XP. This useless and unreliable program is available at myclassifiedsxp.com, but many users install it packaged with other suspicious programs after clicking on corrupted pop-up ads. Needless to say, if you are encountering misleading ads, you might have other problems to worry about and adware to remove, but the strange browser hijacker deserves immediate attention as well. According to our research team, this hijacker can spy on you, collect personal information, and introduce you to sponsored links when browsing the web, and this is why it is wise to delete Search.myclassifiedsxp.com.Search.myclassifiedsxp.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
By using the services, you are consenting to grant my classifieds XP™ permission to collect your URLs and search data, including search queries that may contain personally identifiable information, share them with third parties, and use search-related cookies.
Do you want to share your personal information with strange, unpredictable parties? Well, that is exactly what you will enable if you keep Search.myclassifiedsxp.com. Search.myspeedtestxp.com is another browser hijacker that is capable of the same thing, and you need to remove it, along with the My Speed Test XP extension, as soon as possible. Both of these hijackers provide Yahoo search results, which is the main reason why computer users do not actually delete them right away. It was found that Search.myclassifiedsxp.com redirects to modified Yahoo search results using the extsearch.maxwebsearch.com server. As you might know, modified results might be used to trick you into clicking on unreliable links and expose you to promotional content. Unfortunately, there are many security risks associated with sponsored search results, which is why you should delete Search.myclassifiedsxp.com ASAP.
If you are trying to remove Search.myclassifiedsxp.com, the first thing you should do is delete My Classifieds XP. This is the browser extension that has the hold over your new tab, homepage, and search provider, and it is possible that your regular search tools will be restored once you delete this extension. Of course, we have added removal steps that will help you modify your search tools as well. If more malicious infections are present on your Windows operating system, install a security tool to have them deleted automatically.
Delete from Windows XP
- Move to the Taskbar, click Start, and select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and go to Change or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable program and click Remove.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Launch RUN (tap Win+R on your keyboard), type Control Panel, and click OK.
- Move to the Programs menu and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove from your PC and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows 10
- Type Change or remove a program into the search box on the Taskbar.
- Navigate to Programs and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the program you want to remove and click Uninstall.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Simultaneously tap Ctrl+Shift+A to open the Add-ons Manager.
- Move to the Extensions menu and Remove the unreliable add-on.
- Tap Alt+T to access the Tools menu and select Options.
- Access the General menu and edit/remove the Home Page URL.
- Access the Search menu and Remove the unwanted search provider.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to access the Tools menu.
- Select Manage Add-ons and open the Search Providers menu.
- Choose the preferred search provider and Remove the unwanted one.
- Tap Alt+T one more time and choose Internet options.
- Click the General tab, edit/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F, click More tools, and click Extensions.
- Identify the unwanted add-on, click the trash button, and select Remove.
- In the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under On Startup select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and edit/remove the URL of the unreliable search tool.
- Move to the Search section and click Manage search engines.
- Set the preferred search provider and click X on the one you wish to remove.
In non-techie terms:
The removal of Search.myclassifiedsxp.com might seem irrelevant if other threats are active on your PC, but our researchers strongly advise removing this browser hijacker right away. If you are not sure how to delete Search.myclassifiedsxp.com, follow the instructions above. You also should install a security tool, not only to protect you from malware in the future, but to delete any remaining threats as well. Use the comment section below to ask us questions regarding the suspicious hijacker and the extension associated with it.