Do you know what Search.ividi.org is?
Once you get infected with a browser hijacker, your browsing sessions experience sporadic redirections to Search.ividi.org. Browser hijackers modify your browser to expose you to various affiliated websites and Search.ividi.org is of no exception. Constant exposure to this website may result in a serious malware infection, so it is important that you remove Search.ividi.org from your computer right now. At the same time you should terminate all the additional browser extensions that might have been responsible for piggybacking Search.ividi.org into your system as well.
For example, such browser extensions as iVidi might as well change your default browser settings for Search.ividi.org, if you install the full version of the application. More often than not users are said to install potentially dangerous applications on their computers willingly, because they do not understand the potential danger that lies behind these freeware programs. For example, there are tons for shareware applications distributed via third party websites, and Search.ividi.org might as well come bundled with a video downloader, a PDF converter or a shareware game. When you install a new software application on your PC, be sure to read all the installation steps carefully, to prevent unwanted programs from being installed on your system.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
What is more, Search.ividi.org lately has been known to arrive together with more than just one browser hijacker, and that list includes DogPile (dogpile.com). Also, you will do good to avoid downloading and installing just freeware applications as SmileysWeLove, Registry Reviver or even Pokki. Pokki is a legitimate program that is rather useful for Windows 8 users by recreating the classic Start menu, but security experts warn to be careful about this program, especially if it is downloaded from a third party website, because third parties often bundle it with additional freeware that might prove to be detrimental to your PC.
Due to the fact that Search.ividi.org is a browser hijacker, removing all the infection-related programs from your computer is usually not enough to ensure that your system is absolutely clean. Therefore, it is necessary to run a full-scale PC scan with SpyHunter free scanner. This tool will detect any residual files or programs that may cause various security issues, and then, once you acquire the program, it will remove Search.ividi.org and all the related potentially dangerous applications. Do all you can to ensure that your PC is safeguarded against malicious intruders.
How to remove Search.ividi.org
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove undesirable applications.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove iVidi or any other unwanted program.
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or remove programs and delete undesirable applications.
Remove Search.ividi.org from browser
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox on a new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on a new pop-up dialog box.
- Click Finish when Reset is complete.
- Press Alt+F and select Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove iVIDI.
- Press Settings on the left and mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Press Manage search engines button under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Search.ividi.org and click Done.
- Press Alt+X and go to Internet options.
- Click Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset again.
- When reset is complete click Close.
In case you run into trouble while removing Search.ividi.org, do let me know by leaving a comment below.
In non-techie terms:
Search.ividi.org is a website that you get redirected to when you are infected with malware. This malware is called browser hijacker and it could lead to dangerous consequences. Remove Search.ividi.org from your computer right now with a powerful antimalware tool.