Do you know what Search.installmac.com is?
Unfortunately, Search.installmac.com is often considered to be a browser hijacker because this search tool can replace the regular search tools on your Safari, Chrome and Firefox browsers without your own consent. The threat could enter your Mac OS X together with other unreliable applications, which is why you need to be extra cautious about the software you install. If you do not want to worry about how to delete Search.installmac.com, you definitely should install programs from reliable sources and pay attention to the presented installation setups. Note that in some cases the application could be presented in small print or via advanced options, which is why you need to stay alert at all times. Do you know how to remove the undesirable search tool from the browsers?
Scroll down for full removal instructions
You should remove Search.installmac.com hijacker if you do not wish Genieo and its affiliates to spy on your virtual activity. Do you know how to delete browser hijackers from your personal computer? If you do not know how the infection works you may miss some of its components, which means that your virtual activity could be tracked even after you change the undesirable search tools. As soon as the hijacker is deleted from the PC, you should use the guides below to replace the undesirable, unreliable search tools.
Remove Search.installmac.com from browsers
Remove from Google Chrome
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings from the menu on the left and navigate to On Startup.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change/delete the undesirable URL and click OK.
- Go to Appearance and mark Show Home button.
- Click Change and then repeat step 4.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Click X on the URL you wish to delete from the list and select Done.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser and click the search provider icon on the search box.
- Select Manage Search Engines from the drop-down menu.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and then click OK.
- Simultaneously tap keys Alt+T to open the Tools menu.
- Select Options to open a menu in a new window.
- Click the General tab and move to the Home Page box.
- Change/delete the undesirable URL and select OK.
Remove from Safari
- Launch the browser and click Safari.
- Select Preferences and click the Extensions tab.
- Now click Unable Omnibar.
- Go back to the Preferences and click the General tab.
- Change/delete the Home Page and restart the browser.
In non-techie terms:
Search.installmac.com is considered to be a browser hijacker which may take over your Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers without you even noticing it. As soon as the hijacker attacks you will notice that the search tools on your browsers have been replaced. You can use the instructions above to change the undesirable search options; however, keep in mind that you may need to install authentic anti-malware software to ensure that your Mac is safeguarded in the future.