Do you know what Search.fr-recherche.com is?
Search.fr-recherche.com is a suspicious search engine that is usually promoted with a help of a browser hijacker. It might affect all the major browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox without your permission; however, you will definitely notice that your homepage and default search engine are different. We recommend erasing Search.fr-recherche.com from your system because it might cause you security problems and you will not be able to restore the changes in any other way. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to get rid of browser hijackers, which is why you should read this article and find out how to do that.
There is no point in keeping Search.fr-recherche.com as your homepage and your search engine because it is not going to do its work as it should. It has been even found out that it might provide sponsored search results, which means that you should definitely not use it for searching the information. If you keep it on your system, there is a huge possibility that you will click on those sponsored links one day and thus end up on untrustworthy websites. It has been also found out that various commercial ads will appear on your homepage as well. Ignore them all if you do not want to infect your system with malicious software.Search.fr-recherche.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Some people let Search.fr-recherche.com stay on the system because it allows them to access Facebook, YouTube, Yahoo!, Twitter, Hotmail, and Gmail in just one click. However, it is not a search engine that you can trust because it has entered the system illegally. Many undesirable applications enter the system bundled with other software nowadays and people tend to install the entire package of software on the system without even suspecting; thus, we recommend being more cautious during the installation of new software.
The removal of Search.fr-recherche.com is not an easy thing to do, which is why we have provided the manual removal instructions. Scroll down and you will find them below. However, you can also perform a scan using an antimalware tool. You should definitely make sure that it is reliable, which is why we suggest that you use SpyHunter antimalware suite. This tool is capable of detecting Trojans, Rootkits, and other types of malware and it will even protect your system from serious future infections.
The removal of Search.fr-recherche.com
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and then click Search Providers.
- Select a new search engine and click Set as default.
- Locate the undesirable search provider, click on it, and then select Remove.
- Tap Alt+T once again and then move to Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, type in your homepage URL, and click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Locate search provider icon and click on it.
- Select a new search engine from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the icon again and then go to Manage Search Engines.
- Locate the undesirable one and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T and go to Options.
- Select the General tab and type in new address near Home Page. Click OK.
- Launch your browser.
- Tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- In On startup, mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages.
- Add/Remove the URL and click OK.
- Mark Show Home button under Appearance and click Change.
- Repeat the 6th step.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engines… button.
- Select a new search engine and click Make default.
- Locate and click on the undesirable software and then click X.
In non-techie terms:
Search.fr-recherche.com browser hijacker will enter your system without your permission and you should know that there is plenty of software acting in the same manner nowadays. It means that you should acquire a reliable tool and let it protect your system. Have you already erased Search.fr-recherche.com from your PC? Do not forget to scan it with a reliable scanner in order to find out whether other threats have not entered the system together with this browser hijacker. Download a free scanner by clicking on the button below.