Do you know what Search.fbdownloader.com is?
Search.fbdownloader.com is a search engine which you can access directly by typing Search.fbdownloader.com in the address box of the browser or find it as your home page. The latter case is very common and the most troublesome for a lot of computer users.
Search.fbdownloader.com can replace your home page and search provider after you have downloaded either FBDownloader or any different freeware to whose installer FBDownloader software was attached. FBDownloader is a free application which helps you download Facebook tagged pictures of you or your friends. Moreover, it enables the user to download the whole album at once. All these and other features of the software may be so attractive that one may forget how it is important to read the terms of service agreement. If you do not uncheck three check boxes that are in the installation wizard, the settings of your browsers will be completely changed:
Set search.fbdownloader.com as my IE, Firefox and Chrome browser(s) default search provider
Set search.fbdownloader.com as my homepage default in IE, Firefox and Chrome
Set search.fbdownloader.com as my new tab default in IE, Firefox and Chrome
Now when your search engine is no longer your favorite website, Google, Bing or any other search engine, you have probably noticed that Search.fbdownloader.com provides you with a variety of sponsored websites. According to the privacy terms, HTTO Group Ltd which is the publisher of the product is not responsible for the loss or damage experienced due to the fault of the third-party advertisers. If you have already come up with some irrelevant or annoying advertisements, we recommend that you remove Search.fbdownloader.com from your browsers in order to prevent the potential damage that may be caused by the affiliated websites.
If your default browser settings have been changed after installing a different application, when you should reconsider whether that program is really necessary for you. Below you will find our step-by-step guidelines how to uninstall FBDownloader and reset the browser.
Uninstall FBDownloader from the PC
- Open the Start menu.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program under Programs or Programs and Features.
- Double-click on FBDownloader or the associated program to uninstall it.
- Go the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted application and click on the Remove button.
- Move the mouse to the bottom left corner of the screen until a window of your minimized Metro UI or desktop appears.
- Right-click and select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs or Programs and Features.
- Right-click on the application you want to remove and select Uninstall.
Restore the settings of your browsers
It is possible that after uninstalling FBDownloader, the settings of your browsers will be restored and you will not have to alter them manually. However, if you find that your browsers are still affected, follow the instructions below.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold Alt and then hit the T key.
- Select Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab.
- Click on Reset -> Reset.
- Select Close.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and press H.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click on Reset Firefox - > Reset Firefox.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and press F.
- Select Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove FBDownloader.
- Click on Settings.
- In the On startup section, click on the third option and select Set pages.
- Change the startup page.
- In the Search Section, click on Manage search engines and remove FBDownloader Search. Set a new search engine.
In non-techie terms:
Search.fbdownloader.com is a search engine which can be set as your home page and search provider after downloading and installing freeware. If you do not like the changes made to your browsing tool, change the settings with the help of the instructions given above and then scan the PC with our free scanner which will check whether or not the PC contains malware that might have been downloaded while you were using Search.fbdownloader.com.