Do you know what search.anchorfree.net is?
search.anchorfree.net is a browser hijacker that enters your system surreptitiously and then modifies default browser settings by settings search.anchorfree.net as your home page and your default search engine. It may seem that search.anchorfree.net is a legitimate website, because it has a symbol that is similar to the logo of Anchorfree software. However, you need to remove search.anchorfree.net as soon as you can otherwise you could be exposed to a number of dangerous malware applications, ready to infect your computer. Do what is best for your system and protect yourself from malicious threats.
It does not matter which browser is set as your default one. search.anchorfree.net affects Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer alike. The website alone may not cause you a lot of problems, but if you use it to perform your online searches, it is very likely that you will be displayed tweaked and biased search results. search.anchorfree.net is often used to redirect users to associated websites for marketing purposes or to increase their traffic, so you need to be careful. Think before you click any link offered you by search.anchorfree.net. There could be a corrupted malicious website at the other end.
It is also important to note that you can AVOID getting infected with search.anchorfree.net if you do not download and install freeware applications from unreliable sources. Although bundled downloads is just one of the ways of browser hijacker distribution, you can lower the possibility of malware attack if you download only legitimate and reliable computer software from official websites.
If, in the end, you get infected with search.anchorfree.net, do not panic – you can remove it from your PC. Scan your system with SpyHunter free scanner and then check which programs need to be removed from the PC ASAP. The browser hijacker is very likely to be related to some of the potentially dangerous applications that have been installed on your computer as well. Do not waste any more time and terminate all the malware automatically with a reliable computer safeguard tool. If you invest in a legitimate computer security application it will also guarantee your system’s safety in the future.
How to reset browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Select Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- When the reset is complete, click Close and OK.
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox on a new tab and press Reset Firefox again.
- When the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup. Click Set pages.
- Remove search.anchorfree.net, enter a new home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove search.anchorfree.net and click Done.
You are also welcome to leave a comment below if you need assistance with search.anchorfree.net removal.
In non-techie terms:
search.anchorfree.net is a browser hijacker that takes over your browser and exposes you to a number of malicious infections online. Remove search.anchorfree.net from your computer right now and protect it from similar threats.