Do you know what SavingsShip is?
SavingsShip is a browser plugin that is supposed to be available at savingsship.com as it is the official website for this add-on. However, at the time of writing it is impossible to download SavingsShip at the official website, and there are a lot of users who complain about the plugin being absolutely useless.
Some users even think that SavingsShip is a computer threat, but that is not exactly the case. You are definitely advised to remove SavingsShip from your computer as the plugin can be considered to be a potentially unwanted program. Nevertheless, it is far from being a computer virus, because users still install the plugin themselves.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Even if SavingsShip is not available at the official website, it can still be downloaded at third party websites most probably bundled with freeware. The plugin itself is created by Engaging Apps by using Crossrider platform. In a sense, it is very similar to such applications as Supreme Savings, Deal Spy or Deal Vault. The plugin is compatible with Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browsers, and according to the information presented at the main website, it can access over a 1000 online stores to present you with the best coupon deals and discount offers.
What is more, the pop-up ads displayed by SavingsShip can be exploited by third parties and they could embed outgoing links to corrupted websites that distribute malware. Thus, indirectly, SavingsShip could become responsible for infecting you with dangerous computer threats. Although that is not a definite outcome, one cannot rule out such possibility, and so you are strongly advised to remove SavingsShip right now.
How to remove SavingsShip from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings on Charms bar and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove SavingsShip.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove SavingsShip.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall SavingsShip.
Remove SavingsShip from browser
- Press Alt+X and go to Manage add-ons.
- Remove SavingsShip from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove SavingsShip from Extensions. Restart your browser.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools.
- Click Extensions and remove SavingsShip from the list.
Since SavingsShip often comes with other potentially unwanted programs, after manual removal you should run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner, which will allow you determine whether your system is safe or not. If not, acquire a powerful antimalware tool to safeguard it against dangerous threats.
In non-techie terms:
SavingsShip is a potentially unwanted application that displays pop-up ads on your browser. It may present a list of security threats, so it is for the best to terminate SavingsShip as soon as you can.
Aliases: Savings Ship.