Do you know what SaveByClick is?
SaveByClick is a browser plugin that provides you with various internet shopping options from such websites as eBay, Amazon and others. The offers displayed by SaveByClick contains coupons that are supposed to allow the user purchase various goods at a better price. However, SaveByClick is commonly categorized as a potentially unwanted software, and a lot of users complain that it displays commercial advertisements that are not related to their searches. Although SaveByClick is not a virus, it is recommended to remove SaveByClick from your computer, before this browser add-on because a cause of a lot more serious infection.
It is possible to download and install this program on your computer separately, but SaveByClick virus usually comes bundled with other programs that are distributed across the Internet for free. When this plugin is bundled with other programs, the user usually installs it automatically without even checking what he is installing or why. Once SaveByClick is installed on your computer, you will definitely notice an increase in commercial advertisements displayed while you browser the Internet. We do not recommended clicking on this pop-up advertisements, because sometimes a third-party makes use of such browser plugins as SaveByClick, and the advertisements can redirect you to a website that hosts malware.
This is not the initial objective of SaveByClick, but the plugin can really become a vital chain in malware distribution. Thus, as we have mentioned already, it is recommended to remove SaveByClick virus from your computer, if you do not find this plugin useful. It will also help you to avoid computer infection that might make use of the plugin to find a way into your system.
Remove SaveByClick from your computer via Control Panel:
For Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Programs --> Uninstall a Program.
- Uninstall SaveByClick from the installed programs list.
For Windows XP
- Go to Start --> Control Panel --> Add or Remove Programs.
- Remove SaveByClick from the installed programs list.
Remove SaveByClick plugin from your browser:
- Open your browser.
- Press Alt key and a menu bar at the top of the browser will appear.
- Go to Tools --> Manage add-ons.
- Disable SaveByBlick at the Toolbars and Extensions section.
- Open your browser.
- Click Firefox button and click Add-ons.
- Open Extensions tabs, disable and remove SaveByClick.
- Open the browser.
- Click the Control and customize Google Chrome at the far right corner of the address bar.
- Go to Tools --> Extensions.
- Remove SaveByClick extension from the list.
Once you are done with the manual removal, download SpyHunter to perform a free system scan, and check whether you have any other suspicious files installed. We recommend investing in a powerful security tool that will help you avoid being infected by malware.
In non-techie terms:
SaveByClick is a browser plug-in that displays commercial advertisements. Clicking on these advertisement can lead you to a malware-infected website. Therefore, it is recommended to remove SaveByClick from your system if you want to avoid getting infected with malware. Be cautious when it comes to such plug-ins as SaveByClick.
Aliases: Save By Click.