Do you know what Rebateinformer is?
Rebateinformer is a browser extension published by Inbox.com, Inc. Are you familiar with this company? It provides web search services, and as you may know already, they come bundled together with the suspicious application. You also need to beware of the Inbox.com toolbar which is meant to help you search the web quicker. Even though the extension, the toolbar and the search tools are authentic, our Windows security experts have discovered that all of them could initiate highly irritating and potentially undesirable activity. Do you want to remove Rebateinformer and delete software which runs alongside? Then continue reading to learn how.
If Rebateinformer was installed without your knowledge, we recommend that you delete the program right away. Needless to say, in most cases the application is downloaded from rebateinformer.com. If you installed the plugin – why would you call it a browser hijacker? Many computer users who have acquired the plugin have discovered that their home page and search provider settings have been modified without their agreement. Actually this is not the truth. During the installation of the plugin you are given the option to refuse the home page/search provider modifications and the offered toolbar. Of course, most users rush through the installation setup and since the mentioned additions are set to install automatically you may be surprised about the discovered changes. Nonetheless, it is unfair to treat Rebateinformer as a malicious browser hijacker which you should remove at all costs.
Even though computer users are irritated by the flooding advertisements and cash-back offers they do not rush to remove Rebateinformer because they hope that the displayed coupons will help save money. In fact, in most cases the coupons are quite useless and are not worth the ridiculous amount of advertisements which can flood your Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer browsers. This is why we recommend that you delete the plugin and remove the undesirable search tools.
Delete Rebateinformer and Inbox Toolbar
Delete from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI start screen and right-click on the background.
- Select All apps, click Control Panel and move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove and select Uninstall.
Delete from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu (on the Task Bar) and click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and right-click the one you wish to remove.
- Select Uninstall and confirm the selection.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Navigate to the left of the Task Bar and click Start to open a menu.
- Select Control Panel and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the undesirable application and select Remove to get rid of it.
Remove Inbox search tools
Remove from Google Chrome:
- Launch Chrome, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Settings.
- Move to On Startup, click Set pages and remove/change the displayed URL. Click OK.
- Go to Appearance, click Change and overwrite/remove the displayed URL. Hit OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines.
- Locate the URL of the search provider you wish to remove, click the X mark and select OK.
Remove from Internet Explorer:
- Launch IE, simultaneously tap Alt+T and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers, find the unwanted search provider, Remove it and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T once again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and locate the Home Page URL.
- Overwrite/remove it and select OK.
Remove from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch Firefox, move to the search box on the right and click the search provider icon.
- Select Manage Search Engines and Remove the undesirable search engine. Click OK.
- Simultaneously tap Alt+T to open the Tools menu and select Options.
- Click the General tab (located on the left).
- Change/remove the URL under Home Page and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Rebateinformer is a plugin which has been designed to produce online saving deals, as well as to promote Inbox.com search tools. The application is quite irritating because it can enable various disturbing in-text, pop-up and banner advertisements. If you wish to remove the application from the computer you can follow the instructions presented above. You can also install authentic malware detection and removal software to have the undesirable programs deleted automatically.
Aliases: Rebateinformer toolbar.