Do you know what PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar is?
PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar is a browser extension from the MindSpark family. There are multiple applications from the same group that offer additional browser features. The functions they offer might be different, but PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar is very similar to BringMeApps toolbar, ButterflyField Toolbar, Citysearch Toolbar, and many other unwanted applications. Thus, just like it was with its predecessors, PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar has to be removed from your system without further ado. Even though it is not malicious computer virus, it presents a number of security problems that have to be addressed immediately.
For example, the distribution methods used by PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar are more than suspicious. While it is true that you can download PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar from puzzledgamesdaily.com, it is very unlikely that users stumble across these websites themselves and download this application on a regular basis. In fact, our research team says that this toolbar can be found bundled with potentially unwanted software.PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
This means that PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar gets distributed with freeware, and whenever you download programs from file sharing or torrent websites, you have to keep in mind there is possibility that the setup for your downloaded programs most probably comes with additional software. Users often fail to notice the installation step that informs them about PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar and its features. As a result, they install the full setup for this application, which results in browser settings modification.
PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar and other Mindspark applications always come with Ask.com search engine. During the installation you are asked whether you want to set Ask Search as your default homepage, but users clearly do not bother to read everything, and so they get a shock when they suddenly see an unfamiliar search engine on their browser.
While Ask Search might seem useful, what with all the shortcuts to popular website (like Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and what not, but it is important to understand that both PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar and Ask Search track your web browsing history, which raises some security concerns. PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar is not that safe because it is vulnerable to third-party exploitations. So if cyber criminals decide to make use of the toolbar’s network for their own purposes, you might be up for a big trouble.
Therefore, we strongly recommend that you remove PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar from your computer immediately. After manual removal, you should scan your computer with the SpyHunter free scanner, because you need to be absolutely sure that you have terminated all the potential threats, and your system is secured from similar intruders in the future.
How to remove PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar
- Drag your mouse cursor to the bottom right of your desktop.
- When Charm bar appears click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove PuzzleGamesDaily.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove PuzzleGamesDaily.
- Click Start menu button and navigate to Control Panel.
- Access Add or remove programs and uninstall PuzzleGamesDaily.
Change your browser settings
- Press Alt+T and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Ask Search.
- Press Alt+T again and select Internet options.
- Change your default homepage under General tab and press OK.
- Press Alt+T and go to Options.
- Open Search tab and change your default search engine.
- Remove Ask Search from the list and press OK.
- Press Alt+T and select Options.
- Open General tab and change your homepage address. Click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove PuzzleGamesDaily from Extensions.
- Restart browser for the changes to take effect.
- Press Alt+F and go to More tools.
- Open Extensions and remove PuzzleGamesDaily from the list.
- Click Settings on the left.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages under On Startup.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Ask Search. Click Done.
In non-techie terms:
PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar is an adware application that collects information on what websites you visit and then displays commercial ads. It may seem that it is a useful application that helps you play various online games, but that is not exactly true. To protect your computer from potential threats remove PuzzleGamesDaily Toolbar at once.