Do you know what Popular Screensavers Toolbar is?
Popular Screensavers Toolbar is a browser extension from MindSpark family. It is directly related to ConservativeTalkNow Toolbar, Citysearch Toolbar, ButterflyField Toolbar and many other applications, that are often considered potentially unwanted programs. Users complain that Popular Screensavers Toolbar is annoying and they even say it is a browser hijacker, but that is not true. You can remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar manually from your computer without any difficulties, and if the application has arrived with other programs, you are recommended to get rid of them as well.Popular Screensavers Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
MindSpark toolbars are often hard to categorize, because they are definitely browser plug-ins users install on their computers willingly. Popular Screensavers Toolbar is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome web browsers, although only Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox installs are available at popularscreensavers.com. However, the Google Chrome version Popular Screensavers Toolbar can be found at Chrome Web Store. What is more, MindSpark also provides detailed instructions on how to remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar from your computer, so it would be really misleading to classify this application as malicious.
Nevertheless, there is a reason why some users think Popular Screensavers Toolbar is a browser hijacker. That is so, because Popular Screensavers Toolbar is powered by Ask, and if you install a full version of this application on your PC, then your default homepage and search engine will be changed to home.tb.ask.com and search.tb.ask.com. Granted, these modifications are performed with user’s permission, but if you have a habit of skipping through the installation steps, then it is very likely that you have missed a line which informed you about the oncoming changes.
You should not make use of the Ask search engine, because the company itself has left the search engine business more than 3 years ago, and it is not exactly clear what powers Popular Screensavers Toolbar’s search engine. What is more, you are bound to be exposed to a number of commercial offers and pop-up ads. Popular Screensavers Toolbar needs to support itself and it comes with various advertisements.
This browser extension is promoted as a useful plug-in that can provide you with a lot of popular screensavers, but you should think twice before installing and even using this application – Popular Screensavers Toolbar could easily expose you to corrupted websites that promote other adware applications. All of the MindSpark toolbars are considered potentially unwanted applications and Popular Screensavers Toolbar is of no exception.
Remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar from your computer follow the manual removal instructions below. If something does not go as planned, scan the system with SpyHunter free scanner and then refer to the final removal instructions at the bottom of this page. You can also leave us a comment if you need any further assistance.
How to remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar
- Slide mouse cursor to the bottom right of the desktop.
- Wait for Charm bar to appear and then click Settings.
- Open Control Panel and select Uninstall a program.
- Highlight Popular Screensavers Toolbar and click Uninstall.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
- Open Start menu and click Settings.
- Go to Control Panel and select Add or remove programs.
- Uninstall Popular Screensavers Toolbar.
How to change browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Click Use default under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Ask Search and click Close.
- Press Alt+T and click Options.
- Click Restore to Default under General tab and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box.
- Select Manage search engines on drop-down menu.
- Remove Ask Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar from Extensions.
- Restart the browser.
- Press Alt+F and go to Tools. Click Extensions.
- Remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar from the list and click Settings.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your startup page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, delete Ask Search and click Done.
In non-techie terms:
Popular Screensavers Toolbar is a potentially unwanted application that may expose you to dangerous websites and other corrupted content. It is in your best interest to remove Popular Screensavers Toolbar from your computer as soon as possible, and then make sure your system is protected from other similar applications.