Do you know what Poliisihallituksen Virus is?
Poliisihallituksen Virus is a ransomware infection which seeks to obtain money from Finnish computer users. The threat is also known as Keskusrikospoliisi virus. The reason why there are two names to refer to a single threat is because the fraudulent warning contains more than one heading. In fact, the threat that displays the notification is a Trojan horse, which you should remove from the PC. Keskusrikospoliisi virus is one of the many variants of the Trojan Urausy, including Ministerul Afacerilor Interne virus, Služba Kriminální Policie a Vyšetřování virus, Computer Incident Response Center Luxembourg virus, and many others.
It is very easy to get confused about what exactly should be done once the warning is displayed for the notification looks as if it was sent on behalf of Finnish police and some other institutions. The warning also contains some accusations and demand that the users pay a fine, which has to be paid using Paysafecard. It is crucial that you not pay the release fee as the computer may remain as it is – there is no guarantee that you will be able to use the PC as usual, so instead of wasting money, implement a spyware removal tool that will eliminate Poliisihallituksen Virus from the PC.
Poliisihallituksen Virus screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
If you are still considering whether to make the payment or not, you may like to contact the local police station and inquire about the warning. You will surely be told that the warning is a hoax, and that you should remove the infection from the PC. Europol and the other institutions presented in the bogus notice do not means anything in this particular case; so do not wait and remove the infection.
It is advisable to use a reliable spyware removal tool, and we recommend using SpyHunter. The anti-spyware program will easily remove the infection and safeguard the system against various types of infections. Save your time and money with this tool and remove Poliisihallituksen Virus from the PC as soon as possible.
Poliisihallituksen Virus Removal
- Reboot the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS splash screen to load and tap the F8 key.
- Using the arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press Enter.
- Click the Yes button.
- Open the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- Type msconfig and press OK.
- On the Startup tab, click Disable All.
- Click the Apply button.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the application and remove the infection.
- Press the Windows key to access Metro Mode.
- Click the Internet Explorer tile.
- Download SpyHunter.
- Install the application and scan the PC.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Restart the computer.
- Tap the F8 key one the BIOS splash screen loads.
- Using the up/down arrow keys, select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download the recommended spyware removal tool.
- Install it and scan the PC.
In non-techie terms:
Poliisihallituksen Virus is a ransomware infection that tampers with the Registry without your consent so that you cannot use the machine any longer. Remove the infection from the PC as soon as you can by following the instructions given above.
Aliases: Poliisi hallituksen Virus.