Do you know what Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus is?
Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus is a dangerous infection which you should removed from your PC as soon as you find that your computer is not longer operable. Ignore the coat of arms of your country, the heading saying Policía Nacional de Uruguay and the logo of Microsoft. Neither the police nor any other legitimate institution has initiated the supposed investigation. It means that the charges given in the message are falsified. They are presented to trick you into thinking that you are indeed accused of downloading copyrighted videos, music or software.
Below you will find how some parts of the message look like:
¡ATENCIÓN! Su OP (ordenador) está bloqueado debido a al menos una de las razones especificadas siguientes.
Usted ha visto o distribuido el contenido prohibido pornográfico (porno infantile/Zoofilia y etc) […]
El importe de la multa es de UYU $2,000 (Peso) o USD $100 (US Dólar).
Usted puede pagar esta multa por Ukash.
As you can see, the message requires that you pay the money via Ukash. Because of this commonly used service, ransomware infections are sometimes referred to as Ukash viruses. However, this prepaid service is not the only one used in the bogus warnings. For example, the Spanish version of Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus called Dirección General de la Policía Virus demand that the money be paid via Ukash or Paysafecard. In either case, the infection has to be removed from the PC as soon as possible.
It is important to disregard the content of the warning because it is distributed by a treacherous Trojan horse. Urausy Trojan, as the researchers dubbed it, should not be left within the system because you will not be able to use the PC properly. The Trojan creates malicious file and alters the Registry. In order to restore the settings, you should remove Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus using a powerful spyware removal tool.
We recommend that you use SpyHunter as this anti-malware program can remove Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus and many other computer infections. Below you will find our step-by-step removal guidelines and if you encounter any difficulties regarding the installation of the program, leave your response in the comment box.
Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus Removal Guide
- Restart the computer.
- Wait for the BIOS screen to load and immediately start tapping the F8 key.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter.
- Click on Yes when the dialog box pops up.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Launch Run.
- Type msconfig.
- Click on OK.
- Under the Startup tab, click on the Disable All button.
- Click on Apply to save the changes.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download SpyHunter.
- Restart the computer.
- Run the installer of the application and scan the PC once the installation has been completed.
- Restart the PC.
- Tap the F8 key once the BIOS startup screen loads.
- Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
- Follow the link given in the instructions above and download our spyware removal tool.
- Install the tool and remove Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus.
- Hit the Windows key to access your Metro UI.
- Click on the Internet Explorer tile.
- Type http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and press Enter.
- Click on Run to install the spyware removal tool.
- Scan the PC.
In non-techie terms:
Policía Nacional de Uruguay Virus is a ransomware scam distributed by Urausy Trojan. The infection seeks to trick you into thinking that you have to pay a release fine in order to unlock the PC which is said to have been locked because of your illegal activities. In order to delete the misleading warning which you have on your screen, you should implement a reliable spyware removal tool.
Aliases: PolicíaNacionaldeUruguay Virus