Do you know what Plus-HD is?
Plus-HD is a browser plugin which is available for Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox browser users. The program is promoted through plus-hd.com, however often it is distributed with the help of bundled software. For example, you may find this extension installed onto the computer after acquiring the Sweetpacks toolbar. Even though neither of these applications looks malicious, there are some risks related to them. Some security experts even recommend that you remove Plus-HD from all affected browsers. Why is this task important? What could happen if you postponed the removal process for any longer? These questions are answered within this article.
Also known as Adware.Plus-HD, the suspicious browser application is published by Kimahri Software Inc. In case you have acquired the questionable application using the official download page, this is the information you were presented with:
Plus HD is an add-on for your Internet browser that enhances your online experience by displaying YouTube videos in their highest quality format available. Safe and free to download, Plus HD works with all major browsers and does not affect the performance of your Internet.
Instead of blindly trusting promotional content you should research any software you wish to download further than what is presented to you first hand. If you do not skip this step you might learn things you never even thought of. For example, do you know why Plus-HD is often considered to be an advertisement supported program? It is because adware can be bundled with it. Unfortunately, it may be extremely difficult to determine which pop-ups are related to the extension and which belong to other potentially running threats. In general, no online advertisements should be handled carelessly because clicking on the corrupted ones could lead to the infiltration of dangerous malware.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
It is highly recommend that you remove programs which may cause you any trouble. Many Windows users find that Plus-HD is completely worthless and does not live up to expectations. Since it has also been found to activate adware there are no reasons why you should not remove it from the computer. Follow the manual removal guides below to delete the plugin and then utilize a reliable automatic malware remover to ensure that all remaining threats are deleted and the system is reliably protected.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI menu and right-click.
- Select All apps, move to Control Panel and then Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the undesirable application and select Uninstall to delete it.
Remove from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu (located on the Task Bar).
- Select Control Panel and move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and select Uninstall.
Remove from Windows XP:
- Locate the Start menu icon on the Task Bar and click it.
- Select Control Panel and double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Now click the undesirable application and select Remove.
In non-techie terms:
We recommend that you delete Plus-HD from the computer because this program is worthless and unreliable. Adware which may be bundled with the application could be presented by untrustworthy parties, and so it would be best to delete unreliable and related software altogether.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats