Do you know what Piesearch.com is?
If you do not want to be exposed to unreliable ads and be redirected to third-party sites, Piesearch.com is the program you need to avoid. According to our research, this search tool does not offer trustworthy services, and, instead, can put your virtual security at risk. Unfortunately, the interface of this search tool does not look intimidating, and many users choose not to delete Piesearch.com even if it enters without permission. It was found that, in some cases, this questionable search tool could replace your regular search tools without permission, and this is the kind of activity we associate with malware. Should you remove this hijacker as a malicious program? Continue reading to find out.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
As you must have noticed, Piesearch.com shows ads, and there is no way of telling if these ads are not going to be injected into the Google Search results as well. Since we are not provided with the information regarding online advertising or the parties involved, we have to consider security risks. In the worst case scenario, the ads shown to you will be used to initiate drive-by download attacks. If you wish to avoid this, it is crucial that you ignore the ads shown to you for as long as Piesearch.com is active. Of course, ignoring the activity of this search tool is only temporary, and you should take care of its removal as soon as possible.
Use the guide below to remove Piesearch.com and apply the preferred search tools. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your operating system and browsers will be clean after you perform these steps. Scan your operating system with a legitimate scanner to see if you need to delete Piesearch.com leftovers or other unreliable programs. Although manual removal might be tempting, we can assure you that the services of an authentic security tool capable of deleting malware automatically are irreplaceable.
Delete Piesearch.com from browsers
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+T, and select Options.
- Move to the General menu and edit/remove the undesirable Home Page URL.
- Move to the Search menu and Remove the undesirable search provider.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+F, and select Settings.
- Go to On Startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages, and click Set pages.
- Change/remove the URL of the undesirable search tool and click OK.
- Go to Appearance, select Show Home button, click Change, and follow step 3.
- Go to Search, click Manage search engines, and select the preferred search provider.
- Click X on the URL of the search tool you want to remove and click Done.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Launch the browser, tap Alt+T, and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
- Tap Alt+T again, click Manage Add-ons, and move to Search Providers.
- Select the preferred search provider and Remove the undesirable provider. Click Close.
In non-techie terms:
Piesearch.com is an unreliable search tool, and you need to keep your operating system and browsers protected from it, especially since it can be installed without permission. Needless to say, in this case, this unreliable search tool is a browser hijacker, and all hijackers require immediate removal. All in all, you must remove Piesearch.com even if you have agreed to install it yourself. Delete this search tool manually using the guide above, and install a reliable security tool to eliminate the remaining threats and guard your PC.