Do you know what Oople is?
Oople is a Community Toolbar developed by Conduit Ltd. Due to its name it may seem that is has something in common with a popular forum on Radio Controlled cars at oople.com. However, there is no connection at all. The official website for Oople toolbar can be accessed at oople.ourtoolbar.com, and from the layout of the website it is obvious that this browser extension comes from the ever-growing Conduit family. Due to the fact, that the extension is considered to be a potentially unwanted application, you are advised to remove Oople right now.
If you check various computer security websites, some of them will claim that Oople is a browser hijacker. However, that is not exactly true. A browser hijacker infects your browser behind your back, while Oople informs you about the oncoming browser modifications during the toolbar installation. What is more, you can even choose whether you want your home page to be changed to search.conduit.com or not. Unfortunately, most of the users are used to click though the installation steps automatically, and they simply miss the steps that allow them to avoid their home page changed.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
What is more, if you install the full setup of Oople, you also end up having TuneUp Utilities 2013 and Nitro PDF Reader on your PC as well. That is so, because this browser plugin is bundled with additional software applications. Although these programs are not classified as malware, you should think twice before installing them on your PC, because in case of TuneUp Utilities 2013, it is a dysfunctional computer optimization program that often tries to scare users into thinking that their system is beset with errors.
Naturally, one would not expect that from a legitimate program, so it is in your best interest to remove Oople and all the related programs from your PC right now. Keep in mind that sooner or later the home page modification could result in malware infections, so by removing Oople from your system you protect yourself from possible computer threats.
How to remove Oople from PC
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Oople Toolbar with Search Protect by conduit.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove Oople Toolbar with Search Protect by conduit.
- Open Start Menu and click Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Oople Toolbar with Search Protect by conduit.
How to remove search.conduit.com from browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Change your home page address under General tab and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and go to Manage add-ons.
- Click Search providers on the left pane.
- Set a new default search engine and delete Oople Customized Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Type in a new home page address under General tab and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from drop-down menu.
- Remove Oople Customized Web Search from the list and click OK.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Mark Set a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Change your home page and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Oople Customized Web Search. Press Done.
After manual removal you may still have some unwanted residual files left on your computer. In order to make sure that there is nothing else threatening your system, run a full PC scan with SpyHunter free scanner. Remove undesirable programs with a reliable antispyware tool if need be.
In non-techie terms:
Oople is a browser plugin from Conduit family. It is supposed to improve your browsing experience, but it comes with a number of possible security risks, so it is for the best to remove Oople and all the related programs from your computer ASAP.
Aliases: Oople Community Toolbar.