Do you know what Nymaim is?
Nymaim is a ransomware Trojan. Do you know how this infection looks or works? It may be extremely difficult to locate the components related to the infection and to find which Registry keys the infection can modify. Nonetheless, the threat can lock down the desktop covering it with a misleading warning, and this is the best indication that the threat has corrupted the computer. The clandestine infection creates points of execution (POE) in the Registry (Run, RunOnce, Startup, Shell, userinit) in order to activate the infection as soon as you start the computer. Needless to say, this will remind you that you need to delete Nymaim every time you try to use the PC. The removal of the infection is the only thing you need to worry about right now because it can jeopardize the entire operating system.
Needless to say, Nymaim works with the help of malicious files. These files can be installed onto the PC without your knowledge. Cyber criminals who are responsible for the Trojan can use bundled downloads, fictitious video codecs and other drive-by download scams to infiltrate the infection onto the system. Even though the ransomware cannot spread on its own accord, you should not think that this threat could not be used to distribute malware. If you keep the ransomware running, multiple security backdoors could be exposed to other schemers. Cyber criminals could even infiltrate other malicious infections without any of your knowledge. Of course, this is not something that you will be worried if you trust that the screen-locking notification was presented by authoritative parties and that you need to follow the presented demands. Nymaim is just as malicious as Fine has been paid FBI Virus, Central Security Service Virus, and other ransomware infections, and paying the requested ransom is completely unnecessary.
If you have paid the ransom fees related to Nymaim, you must have faced one of two possible outcomes –your operating system has been un-locked or it remains paralyzed. Either way, the infection continues running on the PC and your virtual security is still vulnerable. It is difficult to remove Nymaim manually because the infection can corrupt certain registry keys by changing the Value and Data information. What is more, it might be difficult to delete Nymaim files because they can be duplicated. Due to this, you need to remove all files at the same time. Do you think this task is difficult? It certainly is, and so you should install automatic malware detection and removal software onto the PC.
If you cannot restart the PC in Safe Mode with Networking, you can install authentic malware removal software via Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Download the installer of the malware removal tool onto the secure computer, transfer it onto a memory key, then restart the PC and install the program.
Delete Nymaim from Windows
Delete from Windows 8:
- Access the Metro UI start screen and open the Charm Bar from the right corner.
- Click Settings and select Change PC Settings.
- Select General, navigate to Advanced Startup and click Restart Now.
- Click Troubleshoot and then select Advanced Options.
- Now click Startup Settings, select Restart and finally F5 to reboot the PC.
- Download a malware remover from http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph.
- Install the downloaded application and remove found malware.
Delete from Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- Press the power button on the computer to restart it.
- Start tapping F8 as soon as BIOS loads up.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys and tap Enter.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph and download the malware remover.
- Install the application, scan the computer and remove malware.
Delete from Windows XP:
- Restart the PC and start tapping F8 as soon as BIOS screen disappears.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using arrow keys and then tap Enter.
- As the ‘Windows is running in safe mode’ alerts shows up – click Yes.
- Open the Start menu, launch RUN, enter msconfig and click OK.
- In the System Configurations Utility click the Startup tab.
- Select Disable All or un-mark the listed items manually and click OK.
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph .
- Download the malware remover and restart the computer in the Normal Mode.
- Install and run the application to delete existing malware.
In non-techie terms:
Nymaim is a clandestine ransomware Trojan which is installed onto the computer in a clandestine manner. The files managing the infection can enable malicious processes and paralyze the desktop, which is meant to push you into following the demands presented via the screen-locking warning. Instead of doing that, you should remove Nymaim. The instructions above will help you install automatic malware removal software.