Do you know what Nation Advanced Search is?
Nation Advanced Search refers to a browser hijacker known as search.nation.com. It can replace your home page and search engine if you downloaded a bundled installer which contains the add-on promoting the search engine in question. The browser add-on of Nation Advanced Search is compatible with Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox, so in order to fully get rid of the search.nation.com, you will have to alter the settings of the three browsers.
We recommend that you remove Nation Advanced Search as the startup page contains display advertisements, which you should not click on. Ignore the offers to download some computer applications or scan the PC so as not to get directed to insecure websites that exploit the vulnerabilities of your PC. Moreover, you will find that Nation Advanced Search contains a link to Facebook.
Nation Advanced Search screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
The so-called browser hijacker is owned by InfoSpace Inc, and according to the information provided by the developers of the search engine, they do not collect personally identifiable information but do record your search queries and the websites you visit. However, there might be some cases when your contact information is collected, which depends on the service you use.
As to the removal of Nation Advanced Search, it is highly advisable to use a spyware removal tool. We recommend using SpyHunter as this application will save your time and dollars. It will remove the unwanted application and safeguard the PC against computer infections that may severely impair the overall PC performance, which may require the interference of a computer technician. Make an investment in our recommend tool to see how safely you can browse the Internet.
We provide manual removal instructions for those users who want to try to remove Nation Advanced Search manually. Do not forget to scan the PC once you complete the removal.
Manual Nation Advanced Search removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Start menu - > Control Panel - > Uninstall a program.
- Remove the program associated with Nation Advanced Search.
- Start menu - > Control Panel - > Add or Remove Programs.
- Click the program you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- On the Start screen, type control panel.
- Click the Control Panel icon.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove the unwanted application.
Remove Nation Advanced Search from your browsers
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the unwanted browser add-on.
- Click Settings.
- Under On startup, select the third option and click Set pages.
- Change the startup page.
- Under Search, click Manage search engines and change the search provider.
- Press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox.
- Again select Reset Firefox and click Finish.
- Press Alt+T.
- Click Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Select the check box.
- Click Reset and Close.
In non-techie terms:
Nation Advanced Search is a search engine which is promoted via free applications that are available on various websites. We recommend that you remove Nation Advanced Search, a.k.a. search.nation.com, so that you can browse the Internet as usual.