Do you know what Music Toolbar is?
Music Toolbar claims to be a very useful tool because it will help you easily find, download, and legally share over 20 million free songs, videos, and even more. However, many people treat it as an unwanted program because once installed, it might change your browser settings. It should be also mentioned that it is compatible with Internet Explorer and Google Chrome and if you do not change the preferences during the installation, you will soon notice that your homepage address and search provider has been changed to ask.com. If you want to use your computer freely and keep the search engine and homepage you like, you should remove Music Toolbar from your computer.
This toolbar is known to be distributed mainly through bundled downloads. If you download a program from the internet, especially the one which belongs to freeware, there is a possibility that other software, including Music Toolbar, will be installed onto your computer. If you want to avoid additional software, you should always select custom installation and select what programs to install. It is also worth mentioning that Music Toolbar is usually promoted together with Torch, which claims to help you to save streamed audio and video files from all popular websites, and Shareaza, which is known as P2P client.
You will definitely recognize Music Toolbar from its appearance. It includes the icons related to music mainly. For instance, DJ box, Free Music, Radio, and Lyrics. Also, you will be able to access Facebook and YouTube easily because their icons are added as well. It means that you will need just one click to visit these popular websites. In addition, you will find a search box on the right corner of the toolbar; however, you might never know whether these search results are sponsored or not. The possibility that you will be redirected to the websites with unknown content is always there.
If you have made up your mind and want to remove Music Toolbar from your system, you should use our manual removal instructions which you can find below. However, we kindly suggest you scanning your computer with a reliable antimalware tool because there might be a variety of other threats residing in your computer. Our specialists recommend using SpyHunter. This tool is 100% reliable; thus will definitely remove all the existing threats and protect your computer from other possible threats.
Music Toolbar removal
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Add or Remove Programs and select the unwanted application.
- Click on it and then click the Remove button.
Windows Vista and 7
- Go to the Task bar and click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel and go to Uninstall a program.
- Find the Music Toolbar in the list and right-click on it.
- Click the Uninstall button to complete the removal.
- Right-click on the background and then select All apps.
- Under the heading Windows system, click on the Control Panel icon.
- Go to Uninstall a program and find the program which you want to remove.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Open your browser.
- Press Alt+T and then move to Manage Add-ons.
- Go to Toolbars and Extensions which you can find in the menu on the left.
- Select the extension which you want to remove.
- Click the Disable button.
- Select Search Providers and select a new search engine.
- Find the one which is going to be removed and click the Disable button.
- Press Alt+T again and then select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, type in a new homepage address and click OK.
- Open your browser and press Alt+F.
- Go to Tools and then Extensions.
- Under the heading Chrome, select Extensions.
- Find the extension which will be removed.
- Click the recycle bin button and then click Remove in the dialog box which appears.
- Select On startup in the Settings menu and mark the 3rd option Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and add a new homepage address.
- Select Manage search engines… in the section Search.
- Select a new search engine and click Make default.
- Find the search engine which you want to remove and click X.
In non-techie terms:
Music Toolbar can be classified as an unwanted program because it changes your homepage address and your default search engine if you do not unmark the preferences; however, it is not a threat itself which is why it is not a must to delete it from your system. However, if it started annoying you, you can use manual instructions to remove it.