Do you know what MixMeister Toolbar is?
MixMeister is the name of a group of computer applications which enables you to refine a music mix until you are satisfied with the result. The company presents four tools, each of which is expected to meet your needs. The line of the products includes such programs as MixMeister Express, MixMeister Studio, MixMeister Fusion and MixMeister Fusion + Video. If think that your browsing tools have been affected by a toolbar produced by MixMeister, it is likely that a MixMeister application you have installed was downloaded from a website distributing various programs.
There is no toolbar published by MixMeister even though you may be forced to believe so once you find that after the installation of the MixMeister software your Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are changed. However, MixMeister’s License Agreement claims that a third party plug-in may be attached to the application:
The MixMeister Software may include certain third party “plug-in” computer software components in machine readable object code and/or third party “plug-in” content components (“Third Party Products”).
The foregoing statement is found in the installer of the program downloaded from mixmeister.com. We tried to download a MixMeister application and found that no toolbar had been installed as opposed to the same application downloaded from, for example, cnet.com or toggle.com.
For example, if you download MixMeister Studio form cnet.com, you will be offered to install Blekko Toolbar. In addition to this, you will have a chance to choose whether to have the settings of the browsers changed. If you agree with the terms and conditions, your home page will be changed to blekko.com, while the search engine will be change to Blekko.
If the application is downloaded from toggle.com, the installer of MixMeister offers to select Toggle toolbar. If you agree to install the toolbar but do not opt out the other options, your home page will be changed to search.toggle.com which, like the majority of the search engines that change the settings while running the installer of freeware, displays links to sponsored search results.
Moreover, it suggests installing Dealply, which is a browser add-on which generates “attractive deals and offers while you shop”. You are also offered to install PC Speed Maximizer, which is said to analyze the system and inform you about the items that should be removed in order to improve the performance of the PC. The last item on the list of the applications is Smart Drive Updater which is said to ensure that you are using “the most current device driver”.
As you can see, such toolbars as Blekko Toolbar or Toggle Toolbar can make you think that you are dealing with MixMeister Toolbar. If you did not intend to install a new plug-in onto your browsers, we recommend that you delete the unwanted applications. Our instructions below will help you uninstall the unwanted applications and remove the add-ons which you do not want to be on the browsers.
Remove Mixmeister Toolbar
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program.
- Select the unwanted application (Toggle toolbar, Blekko Toolbar, DealPly, etc) and click on Uninstall.
- Go to the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click on Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the program you want to remove and click on the Remove button.
Alter the settings of the browsers
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and hit T.
- Click on Manage Add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers and set a new search engine.
- Remove the unwanted search engine.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Under the General tab, change the home page and press Apply.
- Restart the browser to see the changes.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Ctrl key, then do the same to the Shift key and press A.
- In the Extensions section, remove the unwanted add-ons.
- Press Alt+T.
- Select Options.
- Under the General tab, change the home page and press OK.
- To change the search engine, open the drop-down menu on the left side of the search box and click on Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the unwanted search engine and set a new one.
- Open the browser.
- Press and hold down the Alt key and hit F.
- Go to Settings.
- In the On start section, mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click in Set Pages.
- Remove the startup page you do not want to use any longer and add a new one.
- In the Search Section, click on Manage search engines.
- Remove the engine you do not want to use and set a new one. Click on Done.
In non-techie terms:
MixMeister Toolbar is a cover term for the applications or browser add-ons which come bundled with MixMeister programs. The toolbar which is attached to the installer of MixMeister depends on the website distributing the applications. It has been found that the official website does not offer any toolbar. If you have downloaded MixMeister and want to get rid of, for instance, Blekko Toolbar, follow our instructions given above. Having deleted the add-on, scan the PC with our free scanner, which will analyze the PC to make sure that no harmful files are left within the system.
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: