Do you know what MIXI.DJ Toolbar is?
There are hundreds of browser extensions which are meant to make your browsing sessions much more personalized. MIXI.DJ Toolbar is one of them, and if you download it you are promised easy access to the services of Top Hits, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Billiards Master Pro or Sky.fm. The application is available from mixidj.ourtoolbar.com and if you have installed it already, you must have noticed that the publisher of the add-on is Conduit Ltd. Does this name ring a bell? The company has developed the Widgi Toolbar, ToneUp, Coupon Buddy and other potentially unwanted programs, which is why we recommend you remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar.
Some programs which have been created by Conduit have been linked to adware due to the fact that they are based upon pay-per-click systems. Nonetheless, you should not just assume that MIXI.DJ Toolbar is dangerous to use. Sure, the application may collect some data about your browsing habits and employ cookies which could record usernames and passwords. Note that this activity can be linked to many popular browser extensions. However, this is not the main issue that users of the toolbar have. As research shows, once you download the application, your home page and search engine are modified automatically to search.conduit.com and Mixi.DJ Customized Web Search.
MIXI.DJ Toolbar screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Manual MIXI.DJ Toolbar removal is not the most difficult part; however, you may face issues when disabling the unwanted home page and search engine. Have you stumbled upon the manual removal processes? Follow the instructions below and the toolbar will be deleted and the settings will be modified to your own preferences.
Remove MIXI.DJ Toolbar from the browsers manually
- Launch the browser and open the menu by clicking Alt+F keys simultaneously.
- Click on Tools and then on Extensions.
- In the list of extensions find the one you want to delete, click on the trash icon placed on the right and select Remove.
- From the menu on the left select Settings.
- Under On Startup click on Set pages. Remove the unwanted ones and Add new page.
- Click OK and then move to the Appearance.
- Click on Change and replace the unwanted home page.
- Go back to the Settings menu and navigate to Search.
- Click on Manage search engines.
- Move the cursor over the preferred search engine and select Make Default.
- Now move to the unwanted search engine and click “x” next to it. Click OK.
- Launch the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+H keys to open the Help menu.
- Click on Troubleshooting Information.
- Now click on the Reset Firefox button placed on your right.
- As a new windows pops up – click Reset once again and complete the procedure by clicking on Finish.
In non-techie terms:
MIXI.DJ Toolbar is a browser extension which has been developed by Conduit Ltd. You can remove this add-on from the browsers using the manual removal instructions provided above. In case you find the operation troublesome – leave a comment below and we will try to help you. Also note that you may use our free spyware scanner to inspect the computer and determine whether it is clean and safe to run.
Aliases: MIXIDJ Toolbar.
- Install SpyHunter by double-clicking the downloaded file. Follow the on-screen instructions
- SpyHunter will automatically scan and detect threats