Do you know what MediaPlayerEnhance is?
MediaPlayerPlus is a browser plugin which can be found on Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome browsers. The application does not have an active download page and so it likely that it has been infiltrated onto your personal computer illegally. Also known as MediaPlayerEnhance Extension, the plugin usually travels bundled with fictitious update installers or adware, like Fortunitas. If you do not delete MediaPlayerPlus from the operating system and the browsers, there is a great chance that various disturbing pop-ups and commercial advertisements will start showing up. This is not something you should overlook because this activity could be related to the installation of tracking cookies and the collection of personal information.
It has been revealed that MediaPlayerPlus is created by Freeven; however, the publisher of the program might change depending of what software it comes bundled with. As mentioned before, the application may be distributed by fictitious installers promoting Java, Flash, Adobe, Media players and other bogus services. If you trust these installers, you might end up with many undesirable, unfamiliar, maybe even unreliable applications running on the PC. Some of these applications could present corrupted advertisements and track your virtual activity. These are the things you want to avoid when browsing the web. Overall, MediaPlayerPlus can connect to the internet without permission and install itself illegally, which is why it is not considered to be reliable and why you should not leave it running on the browsers.
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Since MediaPlayerPlus usually travels packaged with various unreliable applications, some of which could run secretly and which you may know nothing about, we advise installing an automatic malware removal tool. If you are looking for an alternative method – remove MediaPlayerPlus manually. Note that if you delete the extension from the browsers only, the components related to it might remain active. Due to this, you should remove the application from the computer. This way, the application will be deleted from all active Chrome, IE and Firefox browsers.
Remove MediaPlayerPlus and other undesirable programs
Delete from Windows XP:
- Move the cursor to the left of the Task Bar, click Start and open the Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and select Change or Remove Programs.
- Select the undesirable program and click Remove to get rid of it. Delete all undesirable software.
Delete from Windows Vista/Windows 7:
- Click the Start icon located on the left of the Task Bar and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and identify all of the undesirable applications you want to remove.
- Right-click the application you wish to remove, select Uninstall and proceed with other software.
Delete from Windows 8:
- Tap the Windows key to access the Metro UI menu screen, right-click and select All apps.
- Open the Control Panel and then move to Uninstall a program.
- Right-click and Uninstall the undesirable applications one by one.
In non-techie terms:
If you do not want unfamiliar, intrusive applications running on the PC, the first thing you should do is delete MediaPlayerEnhance. Additionally, you should remove all applications which may have been installed alongside. In order to ensure that your operating system is safeguarded against illicit activity and malware infiltration – install authentic security software which can help you delete undesirable software automatically. Make sure you leave us a comment below if you still have concerns about the suspicious program, its activity or its removal.
Aliases: Media Player Plus.