Do you know what Maxperforma Optimizer is?
Maxperforma Optimizer is a system optimizer which can be installed on Windows XP/Vista/7/8 operating systems. The application is presented as an authentic tool which can optimize registry settings, remove broken shortcuts, boost PC performance, and free RAM space. Even though at first this tool looks highly useful you need to look at the down side of it – the SafeSearch tools. As you as you click the download button to begin the installation of the system optimizer you are introduced to the SafeSearch Toolbar setup. Even though the toolbar is available for Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers, you will acquire search tools on Google Chrome as well if you click the Next button without paying any attention. Please continue reading to learn how to delete Maxperforma Optimizer and get rid of the undesirable search tools.
Most Windows users would install Maxperforma Optimizer from its official website maxperforma.com; however, you may have acquired it bundled with other computer applications. For example, some sources advise that CCleaner could be packaged together with this system optimizer. Overall, if you have acquired the tool and discovered the search software installed onto the PC you should blame no one else but yourself. Since the additional SafeSearch software is set to install automatically, you need to un-check certain boxes if you do not want to install them onto your browsers. Needless to say, it is easy to miss this opportunity if you do not pay close attention to the provided information and the setup settings.
If you have discovered that the optimizer is not the tool you are looking for you can delete it using the manual malware removal instructions below. Once you are done with Maxperforma Optimizer removal or if you choose to keep the program running, you can move on with SafeSearch removal. Make sure you follow the instructions on all existing browsers because it could have been installed on all of them.
Remove Maxperforma Optimizer
Remove from Windows XP:
- Move to the Task Bar, open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs and locate the undesirable one.
- Select Remove to get rid of it.
Remove from Windows Vista and Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Move to Uninstall a program and right-click the unwanted program.
- Select Uninstall to complete the removal operation.
Remove from Windows 8:
- Right-click on the Metro UI start menu and select All apps.
- Go to Control Panel and click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click the application you wish to delete and click Uninstall.
Delete the undesirable search tools
Delete from Google Chrome:
- Simultaneously tap Alt+F and select Settings.
- Under On Startup mark Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and overwrite/remove the undesirable options. Click OK.
- Under Appearance mark Show Home button and click Change.
- Delete/change the undesirable options and click OK.
- Go to Search and click Manage Search Engines.
- Choose a new default search engine and remove the unwanted one. Click Close.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox:
- Launch the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T and select Options.
- Click the General tab and find the box next to Home Page.
- Overwrite/delete the displayed URL and then click OK.
- Click the search provider icon on the search box located on the right.
- Select Manage Search Engines.
- Remove the unwanted search provider and click OK.
Delete from Internet Explorer:
- Open the browser and simultaneously tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons and click Search Providers.
- Remove the undesirable search provider and click Close.
- Tap Alt+T again and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab and locate the Home Page.
- Overwrite/remove the URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Our researchers have discovered that Maxperforma Optimizer acts as a potentially unwanted program because it offers additional software which is set to install automatically. Even if you have missed your chance to refuse browser modifications you can remove undesirable search tools manually. Follow the guides above and then employ an authentic Windows security tool to ensure further protection. Are you on a lookout for a good and reliable malware detection and removal application? Then click the download button below and install SpyHunter.
Did You Find this Article Helpful?Subscribe to Spyware Techie for more!
Or get latest articles to your via email: