Do you know what Local Moxie is?
Local Moxie is a search engine which is powered with a lot of options that are aimed at facilitating Internet browsing. The user can browse by categories, check weather forecasts, and browse online shops. The startup page localmoxie.com contains various pictures related to search queries, which make the search engine very attractive. However, it has been recorded that a lot of computer users complain about this search engine, which may also be called a browser hijacker.
If you are constantly redirected to localmoxie.com, and your home page or search provider are changed to Local Moxie, you should check the settings of the system. It is very likely that you have installed some free application that also promoted Local Moxie.
If you pay attention to the information to the search result hits, you will notice that Local Moxie generates paid advertisements. They are expected to match your interest, but you may notice that sometime they are completely irrelevant to what you are searching for. We highly recommend that you avoid clicking those suspicious links as they may lead you to insecure websites.
Remove Local Moxie from the PC and your browsers if you want to browse the Internet without being disturbed by paid advertisements. Even though localmoxie.com is said to be not interested in your personally identifiable information, this services does collect information about your browsing habits. It tracks the information of the websites from which you access Local Moxie, how much time you spend on the websites, and so on.
It is crucial to secure your privacy if you do not want to suffer the consequences that follow the installation of various malicious applications. In order to protect your privacy and prevent various malware threats attacks, implement SpyHunter. All that you have to do is install the application and launch a system scan. The rest will be done for you, so do not wait.
Local Moxie Removal
Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Click Start and the select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Remove the program associated with Local Moxie.
- Open the Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Mark the unwanted program and click the remove button.
- On the Start menu, type control panel.
- Click the Control Panel icon.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove the undesirable application.
- Press Alt+T and click Internet Options.
- On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
- Select the check box and again click the Reset button.
- Press Alt+H.
- Click Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the Reset Firefox button.
- Again click Reset Firefox and then click Finish.
- Press Alt+F.
- Point to Tools - > Extensions.
- Remove the extension related to Local Moxie.
- Click Settings on the left side of the browser.
- Under the heading On startup, select last option and click Set pages.
- Change the startup page.
- In the Search section, click Manage search engine and change the search provider.
Local Moxie is just an unwanted application that might get you into more serious problems. If you have decided to follow the instructions to remove Local Moxie manually, note that it is still necessary to scan the PC for malware with our recommended scanner.