Do you know what Linkey Project is?
Linkey Project is one of those applications that change your homepage after they get on the system. It has been also observed that Linkey Project might affect each new tab as well. It means that every time you open a new tab, you will be redirected to linkeyproject.com/app. It means that you will spend more time browsing the web because you will have to rewrite the address in order to access other websites. Switching the browser will not help you as well because Linkey Project works on all of them. Do you want to use your preferred homepage and browse the web freely again? You should definitely erase Linkey Project from your system.
Even though Linkey Project might seem useful because it provides links to different websites according to the category, for instance, music, sport, videos, and games, it is still possible that you will end up in unreliable websites. If you read Terms of Service, you will notice that Linkey Project is definitely not responsible for the activities of third parties and their pages. Of course, Linkey Project is far from being a threat; however, you should still use it carefully.
Linkey Project screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Do not be surprised that you have not downloaded Linkey Project yourself, but still see it running on your PC. Our specialists have found out that this application might be bundled with various other programs, for instance, SoftonicDownloader. In order to avoid similar programs in the future, you should always select Custom installation. If you do so, you will be able to select what programs to install. However, if you have already installed different kinds of programs and do not even know what they are capable of, you should better remove them because they might start acting unpleasantly.
You can erase Linkey Project manually or automatically. For the manual removal, we have prepared the instructions that will definitely help you to erase this program. However, malware removal tools like SpyHunter will remove this application in a blink of an eye as well. The most important thing is to acquire a reliable tool and then launch the scanner. When scan is complete, you will see a list of threats running on your system and you will be able to erase them.
How to remove Linkey Project
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the useless application.
- Select Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel and then click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the unwanted program.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Right-click on the background of the Metro UI menu.
- Select All apps.
- Locate Control Panel and then select it.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on Linkey Project and then select Uninstall.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Select Manage Add-ons.
- Click Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click on the undesirable extension and then select Disable.
- Tap Alt+T again and then go to Internet Options.
- Select the General tab, type in your homepage URL and then click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Tap Ctrl+Shift+A. Click Extensions.
- Select the extension that needs to be erased and then click Remove/Disable.
- Tap Alt+T and then move to Options.
- Select General tab, type in new URL and click OK.
- Open your browser.
- Tap Alt+F and then go to Tools and select Extensions.
- Click on the extension and select the recycle bin button.
- Click Remove.
- Select Settings from the menu on the left.
- Mark Open a specific page or set of pages. Click Set pages.
- Add a new URL and click OK.
- In the Appearance section, mark Show Home button and click Changes.
- Enter a new URL and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
Linkey project is not a very serious threats; however, it is capable of changing your homepage without permission. It will also open new tab with its webpage every time, which mean that you will have to spend more time searching for the information. Besides, the program itself might lead you to threats; thus, it is better to erase it entirely from the system. Have you already removed it? Do not forget to scan your system with a reliable malware remover.