Do you know what Lab.search.conduit.com is?
If you have recently installed any kind of software published by Conduit, it is very probable that your search engine has been replaced by Lab.search.conduit.com. The specialists of spyware-techie.com have implemented a research and found out that this search engine cannot be fully trusted even though it seems as a normal search engine. The main reason of this is the observation that Lab.search.conduit.com might provide you with various sponsored links among normal search results. Thus, you should be aware of the fact that these links might take computer users to unreliable websites. The only way to prevent this from happening is to get rid of Lab.search.conduit.com.Lab.search.conduit.com screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Even though the main address of this search engine is Lab.search.conduit.com, you will definitely notice that all the search results are provided via search.conduit.com. It leaves no doubt that Lab.search.conduit.com is distributed together with Conduit products. However, the fact that Lab.search.conduit.com has been set as your default search provider might only mean that you have installed some kind of program carelessly. In order not to agree with the unwanted changes in the future, you should always carefully read the information provided in the setup wizard. If you do so, you will have an opportunity to un-tick the checkboxes and thus not to allow the program to make any unwanted changes.
If you want to get rid of Lab.search.conduit.com and set your ordinary search provider, you can do that easily and quickly using the instructions that we have provided for you below the article. You can also leave all the work for an antimalware tool, but do not forget to acquire reliable software first.
How to remove Conduit application
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the unwanted program.
- Click the Remove button.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the Conduit software and then remove it.
- Tap the Windows key + R simultaneously.
- Type in control panel in the field and then click OK.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on the program that you need to erase.
- Click Uninstall.
How to reset browsers
- Launch your browser.
- Tap Alt+T.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Click the Reset button and then mark Delete personal settings.
- Click the Reset button .
- Open your browser.
- Tap Alt+H to access the menu.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Reset Firefox and then click the Reset Firefox button again in the dialog box.
- Open your browser and tap Alt+F straightaway.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- Select Reset browser settings.
- Click the Reset button.
In non-techie terms:
If you have already deleted Conduit application manually and set your preferred search provider eventually, it is still important that you scan your system with an antimalware tool because there might be other threats residing on your system and thus acting unacceptably. The instructions provided below might help you to download a scanner that will let you know whether your system contains other suspicious software.