Do you know what key-find.com is?
If you have noticed that your homepage and search engine have been changed to key-find.com, it is very probable that you have encountered a browser hijacker. If you have ever encountered aartemis.com, nationzoom.com or awesomehp.com, you will definitely recognize key-find.com as well. They all belong to the same Qvod6 family, which mean that they all act in the same manner. You should definitely not keep key-find.com on your system because it might cause harm to the security of your computer and bother with different annoying activities. The truth is that it is not very easy to erase key-find.com because it updates the shortcuts of all the browsers and thus forbids doing any changes. Luckily, we have prepared manual removal instructions for you.
If you use the search engine set by key-find.com browser hijacker, you will soon notice that search results are provided for you together with advertisements even though search.yahoo.com will be used. We do not recommend clicking on any of those ads if you do not want to infect your system with malicious software. It is known that ads might redirect to corrupted websites; thus, you should definitely ignore them. What is more, if you open a new tab, you will definitely notice that “Quick Start” page loads up. If you ever try to use its search engine, you will notice that you might be redirected to search.safehomepage.com (Firefox users) or to search.websearches.com (Google Chrome users). The search results provided by these search engines might also take you to unknown websites. As you can see, key-find.com might let other threats get on your system.
Sample Key-find.com screenshot
Click here for full removal instructions
Our specialists have also found out that key-find.com will install different applications together. For instance, you might notice SupTab, which is a potentially unwanted application, ETabPage Class add-on, and Quick Start, which is known for the ability to detect your physical location, access your data on the websites, and manage different applications. What is more, key-find.com usually comes bundled with Desk-365 and other software downloaders. Do not forget to remove all those unfamiliar applications after the removal of key-find.com.
The manual removal of key-find.com is not very easy; thus, we have provided manual removal instructions that you could find below. Of course, you can also use a reliable malware removal tool like SpyHunter. It will detect key-find.com and other threats and remove them without any delay.
How to remove key-find.com
- Open the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click on the application and then select Remove.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click the Start button to open the menu.
- Select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.
- Right-click on key-find.com and then select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the background of the Metro UI menu.
- Select All apps.
- Locate Control Panel and then go to Uninstall a program.
- Click on the program that you wish to erase.
- Select Uninstall.
- Right-click on the icon of your browser.
- Select Properties.
- Click on the Shortcut tab.
- Locate Target and delete key-find.com website address.
- Click OK.
- Launch your browser and tap Alt+T.
- Go to Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab and then select Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and then click the Reset button.
- Right-click on the Firefox icon.
- Select Properties and then click on the Shortcut tab.
- Find Target line and delete the website address. Click OK.
- Launch your browser and then tap Alt+H.
- Select Troubleshooting information.
- Locate Reset Firefox… button in the top-right corner.
- Click on it and then click the Reset Firefox button.
- Right-click on the Google Chrome icon and repeat 2-3 steps of the previous instructions.
- Launch your browser and then tap Alt+F.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and then select Show Advanced settings.
- Click the Reset browser settings button.
- Click Reset again in the dialog box.
In non-techie terms:
Have you already removed key-find.com browser hijacker manually? Do not forget to delete other applications that come together with it. The easiest way is to use an antimalware tool; however, you can remove them manually as well. Do not forget to scan your system with a reliable scanner after the manual removal (you can download free SpyHunter scanner by clicking on the Download button). If you do so, you will be able to know whether you have not left any elements of key-find.com.
Aliases: key-find Virus.