Do you know what istart123 Homepage is?
If you have discovered that istart123 Homepage has replaced your regular homepage, but you do not remember agreeing to this, it is most likely that a browser hijacker has corrupted your browsers. This malicious threat is compatible with such popular web browsers as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome. Unfortunately, once installed, this search provider acts in a very disruptive way. For one, it installs browser extensions to extend its services to New Tab. If you use Internet Explorer, you might have to remove SupTab, and, if you use Chrome or Firefox browsers, you might find QuickStart (also known as FastStart) extensions. Read our report to learn more about these add-ons and the removal of istart123 Homepage.
It is important to mention that istart123 is a browser hijacker that comes from a long line of infections that are capable of paralyzing your browsers. Whether you are trying to delete istart123.com, qone8.com, webssearches.com, v9.com, or other browser hijackers from the same family, you are likely to have trouble replacing the undesirable homepages because these infections can modify the browser shortcut. Due to this, regardless of how many times you remove istart123 Homepage – if you do that manually – you will find it regenerating every time you restart your browser. Unfortunately, many computer users ignore this and choose to use istart123 Homepage as a regular search tool, and that is a mistake.istart123 Homepage screenshot
Scroll down for full removal instructions
Even though the search queries processed via istart123 Homepage show Google search results, you must keep in mind that these search results might be modified to bring profit to the creators (Power Technology Co., Limited) of the hijacker. The ads and sponsored links introduced to you could be related to a pay-per-click system employed by the hijacker. As you might have noticed, advertisements appear on the homepage of istart123 as well. You must ignore these ads at all times because, in most cases, they introduce bogus offers, fake prize giveaways, and misleading installers. Needless to say, you will be subjected to these ads unless you remove istart123 Homepage. Keep in mind that it is also important to replace the infected search provider.
Browser hijackers can take over your homepage and search provider tools without permission. If you have become a victim of such activity, it is important that you delete the hijacker as soon as possible. The instructions below show how to remove istart123 homepage and search provider using a few simple steps. Note that, at first, you need to fix the Target, which you can do using the instructions as well.
Delete istart123 homepage and search provider
Modify the Target line
- Right-click the shortcut of the infected browser.
- Select Properties and click the General tab.
- Move to Target and remove the URL of istart123. Click OK.
Delete from Mozilla Firefox
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T, and click Options.
- In the General menu change/remove the undesirable Home Page URL.
- In the Search menu Remove the undesirable search provider.
Delete from Google Chrome
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+F, and click Settings.
- Go to On Startup and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change/remove the undesirable URL.
- Go to Appearance and select Show Home button.
- Click Change and change/remove the undesirable URL.
- Go to Search and click Manage search engines…
- Click X on the URL of the undesirable search provider and click Close.
Delete from Internet Explorer
- Open the browser, simultaneously tap Alt+T, and click Manage Add-ons.
- Select Search Providers and Remove the undesirable search provider.
- Click Close, tap Alt+T one more time, and select Internet Options.
- Click the General tab, change/remove the Home Page URL, and click OK.
In non-techie terms:
We know how irritating it is to find istart123 Homepage every time you launch your browser. This search tool is unreliable and does not offer trustworthy or useful services, which is why we suggest removing it as soon as possible. Our removal instructions should help you delete istart123 Homepage and search provider, but it is best to rely on reliable security software to inspect your PC and delete the infections that could have been installed onto your computer by the installer promoting istart123 hijacker.