Do you know what ISoft Online Search is?
ISoft Online Search is a browser hijacker that enters your system bundled with freeware and it does not prompt you when it gets installed on your computer. ISoft Online Search functions as a search engine, but it makes use of Google, Bing and other search engines, so as far as the search results are concerned, they are reliable. Nevertheless, this browser hijacker changes your home page to isoft.us and displays a number of commercial advertisements that have outgoing links. These commercial advertisements are one of the main reasons why ISoft Online Search is a dangerous computer threat.
ISoft Online Search itself does not review the links that are embedded in these ads. In case you end up clicking any of the commercial ads, you may be redirected to a third party website that hosts or is exposed to malware. Also, all your web browsing information may be used for marketing purposes, so that cyber criminals could generate financial revenue. Thus, apart form being extremely annoying for changing your home page and your default search engine, ISoft Online Search may be a metaphorical trampoline for computer malware if it intends to infect your computer.
Unfortunately, all main browsers (including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer) get infected with ISoft Online Search, and in the long run it gets harder to keep on avoiding the commercial ads because they are simply everywhere. Although ISoft Online Search is not an extremely hazardous computer threat, it could be used as a medium for malware distribution, so by removing ISoft Online Search from your computer, you ensure you will not be infected with dangerous viruses any time soon.
Remove ISoft Online Search from PC
Instructions for Windows 8
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- When Charms bar appears, click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove isoft Online.
Instructions for Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove isoft Online.
Instructions for Windows XP
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove programs and uninstall isoft Online.
How to restore default browser settings
For Internet Explorer
- Press Alt+X and select Manage add-ons. Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove ISoft Online Search.
- Press Alt+X again and select Internet options.
- Change your home page under General tab. Click OK.
For Mozilla Firefox
- Press Firefox button and go to Help.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- When another tab opens, click Reset Firefox on the right.
- Press Reset Firefox again and then click Finish.
For Google Chrome
- Press Alt+F and click Settings.
- Scroll to Users and click Delete this user.
After manual removal, run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner to detect any residual files that have not been removed. Invest in a computer security program to protect your PC from the likes of ISoft Online Search.
In non-techie terms:
ISoft Online Search is a computer infection that hijacks your home page and displays a number of commercial advertisements that can possible expose you to serious malware infection. Remove ISoft Online Search from your PC and safeguard the system from similar threats.
Aliases: ISoft Search.