Do you know what Internet Helper Toolbar is?
At first glance this application may look like your average browser extension that improves your overall web browsing experience. However, Internet Helper Toolbar is a potentially unwanted program developed by Conduit Ltd, which adds it to an extensive list of applications security experts recommend to remove. Although this program is extremely dangerous, you should remove Internet Helper Toolbar from your computer to prevent any possible damage. Do what is best for your computer and deal with this application right now.
Since there is a great number of similar browser plugins you can know what to expect of Internet Helper Toolbar. For example, other Conduit toolbars include MediaGet Toolbar, xVidly, Sweetdreams-49 and so on. All of these toolbars may seem separate and individual, but the truth is that the main difference between is their name. Other than that, they offer basically the same functions by installing a toolbar on your browser, changing your home page address and your default search engine. Internet Helper Toolbar is compatible with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers.
If you download the toolbar from its official source at internethelper.ourtoolbar.com, you will also be offered to install TuneUp Utilities 2013, Free Smileys We Love Extension and possible other freeware that you obviously do not need. Some users go through the installation automatically and it results in installing the full setup of Internet Helper Toolbar. The full setup changes your main browser settings and it makes it seem as though you have been attacked by a browser hijacker. However, Internet Helper Toolbar is far from being it, as you authorize the changes yourself (even if you are not aware of that).
Once the toolbar is installed, it starts displaying commercial advertisements and other pop-up ads, reliability of which is highly questionable. These are the means through which cyber criminals could exploit Internet Helper Toolbar and make use of it to infect your system with malware. To avoid this, you need to remove the toolbar from your PC following the instructions below.
Manual Internet Helper Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove Internet Helper Toolbar.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Internet Helper Toolbar.
- Open Start Menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Internet Helper Toolbar.
Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Browser
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options.
- Change your home page address under General tab, and click OK.
- Press Alt+X again and press Manage add-ons.
- Remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove Internet Helper Customized Web Search.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Change your home page address under General tab. Press OK.
- Click the search engine icon the left of Firefox search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines from the drop-down menu.
- Remove Internet Helper Customized Web Search and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove Internet Helper Toolbar from Extensions.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove Internet Helper Toolbar.
- Click Settings on the left and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set pages and change your startup page address. Press OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine, remove Internet Helper Customized Web Search and click Done.
There may be other potentially unwanted programs in your PC as well, so after manual removal run a full system scan with SpyHunter free scanner. In case any dangerous programs are detected, invest in a reliable computer security application to remove them automatically.
In non-techie terms:
Internet Helper Toolbar is a browser plugin that may expose you to malware infections. It slows down your computer and takes over your browser, so you should remove Internet Helper Toolbar from your PC immediately.
Aliases: Internet Helper Toolbar